mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 10-09-2016, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Bucket list fields near Baltimore/DC??

Will be traveling to Baltimore to visit some friends, and they brought up that they may be available to play on our second weekend (oct 22), and i was wondering what great fields are in that area?

A quick google search didn't show anything that really stood out to me at a quick glance.
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 04:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Avid Collector!

Pev's Paintball is the one I used to play at. They used to have retail stores all over the DC Metro area, but it appears as though they've closed all of those up and only have the one field remaining. Solid field, lots of fun to play at.

Pev's Paintball The Mid-Atlantic

Pev's Paintball Park
39835 New Road
Aldie, VA 20105
Old 10-09-2016, 04:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Some People Juggle Geese

I live about 20mins north of downtown. Where in baltimore are you staying?

Ranked by distance
Closest field is Pasedena paintball: https://www.paintballsportsandsupply.com/
They are just south of the city. Cool fields all wooded and the staff is pretty friendly. Not my favorite field but definitely the best one close to Bmore. Some Team Defiance guys on here may be able to get you some more info.

The next I'd recommend is Robinhood Paintball. Robin Hood Paintball - Paintball Parties in Maryland These guys are my favorite and have been for years. Usually a good walk on crowd and breaks up groups based on skill level/style of play. Good range of fields and one airball field. It is located about 45mins north of Baltimore up 95.

PAP - Taneytown
Paintball Adventure Park – Taneytown, MD
I used to go here a lot when I was younger but the recent times I have been there I was not impressed with the staff. They have some cool structures built up. About an hour from Baltimore.

OXCC
OXCC | Outdoor Xtreme Chesapeake city
Cool field but I have never done walk-on here. The scenario/big games they put on are really fun and have a fair turn out. More speedball fields and a lot of structures. 1.5hr from Bmore.

EDIT:
I forgot about Rt. 40 paintball (for good reason). I have never had a good experience there but its only 30mins from downtown. https://www.route40paintball.com/
When I worked in the county prison, all my pals among the correctional officer staff were always talking about how they needed a large(r) caliber handgun in case they were confronted by someone on "PCP" or "Angel dust".

Now... all they talk about is zombies.
netsurferdude2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

We will be staying somewhere between Baltimore and DC, don't know exactly where their house is atm.

Good to get some info about some of the fields over there.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

VA or MD? There aren't many fields close to DC in the VA area (most are 45 min away). There are a lot more fields near Baltimore based on what you're saying. Also, scenario game that weekend at Southern Maryland paintball that weekend, but will be a two days scenario based on the Nightmare Before Christmas. Team Defiance (you may have seen our charity raffles on here) are General-ing/XO-ing for one team. It is two days, with Nightmare Before Christmas getting shown at the field that Sat night. Not sure if you'd want to commit that much time though.

Need a Centerflag Uprising manual? PM me.

My Shooters
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...ollection.html
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 04:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

We'll probly hit Skyline on our way in this sunday, then hit PEVs (maybe) with our friend next saturday (still up for debate, as we will figure that out once we get to their house sunday night). Any are welcome to join us, we'll have the matching classic mini-mags. We'll also be doing as many day-trip hikes and such as we can in the surrounding vicinity (~2hr radius), most of which we still haven't decided on.

Last edited by panhead4411; 10-13-2016 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Not in the picture

If Skyline & Pev's are on your list, you should also consider Hogback in that area.

As for Baltimore-centric fields, I live between DC & Baltimore (right near the intersection of I95 & Rt 100), and agree with NSD's assessment: Pasadena is closest (about 25 minutes) but Robinhood is my go-to (about 50 minutes). OXCC (about an hour & 20 min) is good for scenarios but it's hard to justify the drive for walk-ons there.

Hope you have fun; I'm afraid I won't be playing either weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Mark could sew an all-patch mankini... Greg, please change the background color to yellow
www.knightstalkerspaintball.com
www.oxcc.com
Yellow5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Miembro de MCB

CCM Fan
I second the recommendation for Hogback if you are closer to DC and Robinhood if you are closer to Baltimore.

Robinhood is BYOP.
alkafluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkafluence View Post
Robinhood is BYOP.

RobinHood it is then...or atleast i'll try to convince him. I've got a fresh(ish) bag of Redemption that i'd rather not go to waste. Plus the fields look decent. Too bad their big-game is the weekend BEFORE i'll be there. Oh well.

The reason we're doing Skyline is that it is literally right on our route as we'll be staying tonight/saturday night in the Blue Ridge area, and they said that sundays are usually great walk-on turnouts.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Vid from skyline on last sunday, we'll be at Robinhood tomorrow (saturday)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y82Ucj6MiY

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts