mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 05-14-2017, 07:53 PM   #71 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
I didn't make it to the park for most of October, but I finally got to chrono yesterday. It went from 260 to 280, one shot in the 290s, then 278, 256, and then it vented. This was 17 shots total, probably high 70s out, and 10 seconds between shots. Setup was red springs, Palmer's HP LT, 2K body, mad customs devolumizer, nylon washers to devolumize more, CCI bucket changer, finally bolt, tungsten hammer (74g), ivg 1 turn in.

I'm going to see if the bolt has enough material to add some orings to it. But I want to try some other bolts as well. Hey Socal sweet work on the cooker rail sight!
This is unregged, right?

Try adding a small disc with a large pinhole between the body and your vertical ASA, or VASA and 12 gram changer...you might be venting liquid CO2 on the first few shots. Also, unless you want to be shooting pure liquid, devolumizing should only be done to a point. Try taking some out and see what that does.

Last edited by russc; 05-14-2017 at 08:02 PM.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:10 PM   #72 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
This is unregged, right?

Try adding a small disc with a large pinhole between the body and your vertical ASA, or VASA and 12 gram changer...you might be venting liquid CO2 on the first few shots. Also, unless you want to be shooting pure liquid, devolumizing should only be done to a point. Try taking some out and see what that does.
Its very unlikely thay you could devolumize a sniper beyond what other 12 specific markers come stock
Old 05-14-2017, 09:27 PM   #73 (permalink)
Pancake

CCM Fan
Hey russc thanks for the info I'll have to try that. I also read your thread on regulated setups so thanks for that. I'll have to give it a shot, yes this was unregulated.

It's kind of what I was hoping as far as velocity, I'm just going to try to squeeze more shots out of it.
If one is going to be an ambassador to the sport do your best to try to convey to new players what the sport is about and attempt to convey the same message to the players that are being abusive.
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:57 AM   #74 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

How quiet was it, if you remember ?
And have you tried a lighter hammer spring?
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:56 PM   #75 (permalink)
Pancake

CCM Fan
It was not very loud,like phantom sound level.
If one is going to be an ambassador to the sport do your best to try to convey to new players what the sport is about and attempt to convey the same message to the players that are being abusive.
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:37 AM   #76 (permalink)

I realize that this is pretty much a dead thread, but damnit is got great information in it.

Iíve teetered around the idea of Pumping out my Dye Reflex and now I just may make her run off 12gs.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:53 AM   #77 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
This is unregged, right?

Since this came back up, I will add that I have used this sort of thing on regulated and unregged setups to prevent liquid in regulators and stop piercing spikes. Sometimes I use a set screw with a hole in the middle or a slot filed down the side. My last one was a disc cut from a beer cap and a tiny nail hole in it, in the ASA as russc pointed out above (but going to a regulator).

It's just a generally good idea to keep the CO2 from moving around faster than you will use it. A restrictor also keeps the gas flow past a check valve slower, so that a puncture blast is less likely to dislodge the seal.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:32 PM   #78 (permalink)

@russc

What would spring combo would you recommend starting off with in a 2k+ cocker?
I've ordered a Madman spring kit so I should have a few to swap around to start.

Btw I'm reading your older threads, good stuff man. I'm learning a lot more, a lot quicker than I was hoping I would!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts