mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 10-02-2017, 11:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Bad Juju

I bought some thicker-than-average-wall-macro line from CCM, also Planet Eclipse sells some. Stuff is great. Zero problems since I switched all my markers over to it a year ago, unlike the previous stuff that was blowing out all the time.
ClarkGryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've never actually blown a line. What irritates me is the initial leaks when first aired up. They go away In 10min, but it's annoying
Carlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

You could always sleeve stainless with copper if you're looking for the patina and still have a safe burst pressure
I'm not sure how much dielectric corrosion would be a factor though
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher068 View Post
You could always sleeve stainless with copper if you're looking for the patina and still have a safe burst pressure
I'm not sure how much dielectric corrosion would be a factor though
no dielectric corrosion unless there is an aqueous solution with electrolytes. It might be a little big to sleeve 1/4" SS with copper or brass--It might end up iwth a total OD of ~1/2". You could paint the SS with a copper colored paint.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

If you have leaky macro:
Open fitting, remove o-ring then replace with new, oiled 010 o-ring. Cut new macro section, use sandpaper to round edges off, then oil the tips and install.

Properly done macroline will be leak free for years.
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

After a quick Google I found the working pressure for 1/4" type L copper is 810psi. I think I'd call that good and I might have to proceed with my experiment. I have not found ratings for the fittings yet.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Tried this years ago.
Tippmann Carbines use to have copper air lines, so I thought "I can make my own copper lines"
Let me tell you, the sound of that copper line exploding is UNFORGETABLE. LOL. If you can hand bend it , it probably wont hold. just make sure you get the one rated for higher pressure.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Bow Chicka Honk Honk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
After a quick Google I found the working pressure for 1/4" type L copper is 810psi. I think I'd call that good and I might have to proceed with my experiment. I have not found ratings for the fittings yet.
Fittings will be weaker than the tubing.
May be true, but L copper isn't the thickest. Type K is the thickest. Your grades of copper are M, L, K, ACR, and DWV. M is the thinnest, L is in the middle, and K is the thickest. DWV is thinner, as its not for supply lines, its for drain/waste/vent. ACR is gas line, and can be spotted by the caps on both ends. ACR is capped from the factory because its rated for gas, so it is capped to prevent anything entering the tube. What kind of fitting were you talking about using? I can only think of compression fittings as the only reasonable use. Pro-press has the downfall of needing a very expensive press tool to use ($400 for a press gun would be CHEAP). Sweat fittings wouldn't be good, the solder would leak as its a softer metal than the copper (has to melt at around 800 degrees, while copper is more than twice that). Brazing wouldn't be good, the fitting will always be discolored because you have to heat it up to near the melting point of the copper for the filler metal to melt, leaving the copper discolored.
Jahnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
Thrill Me!

Location: looking through the knotholes in granny's wooden leg

the 68 carbine came with a copper air line from factory.

Though it is a thick wall copper, as used in HVAC.

Borrowed that image form someone on here, out of their gallery thanks to Jebs04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I honestly can barely stand most of the mods here, and don't even get me started on the f***ing Canadian ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Asking for brass on MCB is like going to the grocery and saying "Looking for food, you guys have any"?
My Feedback

Stuff I want or need evenually
snaparen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Is that a macro type push to connect fitting?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts