mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 11-11-2017, 07:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Price check on jersey, pants, and gloves.

So I bought a bunch of stuff on eBay back at the end of September. It was supposed to include this jersey, pants, and gloves. There was actually a fair bit of stuff shown in the pictures that wasn't included, but I was only going by the list in the description, which does include the jersey, pants, and gloves. When I got the package they were missing, so I contacted the seller. He said he'd washed them and forgot to include them, but would mail them out. Two week later, still nothing, so I contacted him. He said he'd been busy but would mail it out that week. Another two week later again (four weeks total) I contact him again, as I'd still not received anything. No reply. Another week later (five weeks total), which was a couple of days ago, I contact him again. Still no reply. So now I'm going to open a PayPal dispute and request a partial refund. I'm not sure on how much to ask, so I come to you, the masters of mayo, to ask you what would be a fair value to ask for the following jersey, pants, and gloves (ignore the camo pants, while in the pictures, they weren't in the description). Thanks.

William the Third is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Anybody?

Looks like he's never going to ship these, been over two months (I can no longer leave negative feedback), so I need to know how much is proper to ask for a refund. Early on his excuse is that he forgot to include them because they were dirty, so he washed them, and forgot to package them with the rest of the stuff. He also claimed he was a college student and had been busy with school, but he'd mail them out in the next day or two. I let it go for a while, figuring maybe during the Thanksgiving break he'd have a chance to mail it out.

So weeks later it's Thanksgiving break, and he finally responds again. Claims he'd been without a phone/internet for about a month, and that he'd mail them out. Sounded like BS, I mean, how can anyone who's attending college not have access to the internet or computers these days?

So anyway, that's been weeks ago, still nothing, again no response, and so it's safe to assume he's never going to ship, so I'm ready to open a complain with PayPal. I was thinking of asking for $25, too much, too little?
Old 12-09-2017, 06:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
the oddballer

How much did you pay over all and what all was included.
I paid around 20 for my jersey it’s pretty much the same one. The pants I would say are at lest 20 and the gloves probaly 10. Those are just my opinions on individual values.

If they were supposed to be part of the lot and you actually like the other stuff Falke
3/? Of the price and ask for it as a refund.
Just my opinion.
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...feed-back.html
killerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

It was around $150 with a Blitz, Silver Bullet (the main reason I bought the package), and some other odds and ends. I really got it all for a fair price really, so it isn't too big a deal, and the jersey/pants/gloves were only a small part of it. I'd really rather have the jersey/pants (assuming they'd fit, no sizes were listed), but I don't expect that to happen at this point.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
the oddballer

Solid yah ask for 25 if that’s where you feel comfortable keep in mind he’s probably gunna try and counteroffer with less
Best of luck man
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...feed-back.html
killerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Thanks dude!
Old 12-09-2017, 10:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Hilarious, but I pretty much expected this. I open the PayPal dispute, and the guy who hasn't replied to me since before Thanksgiving send me a message 3 minutes later stating that he'd mailed it tonight (don't most (all?) post offices close at noon on Saturday?), and that he'd get me the tracking number on Monday. Seems odd, but whatever, as long as I get the items in the next 20 days, I'll close the dispute.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts