mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 11-25-2017, 10:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newbie Extraordinaire

Capped vs Capless 10 Round Tubes

Capped vs Capless. Which do you prefer and why?
bassninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 11:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Stock Class Jackass

I prefer capless because I use them in the cram n jam configuration. I use a joyride pack. It's not the simplest loading of a tube in a pack, but it's what I like.

Near Houston TX? Check out the
Houston Area Stock Class Group
Mithuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 11:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
I prefer capless but flip top Capped is more reliable for a number of reasons. Absolutely hate standard caps.

Capless is great for cram and jam because it makes the marker more streamline with no cap hanging off into your line of sight or hung up on the gun. Capless sucks because the top ball is exposed to moisture from the elements or body sweat and can swell the ball and ruin your paint. Capless is also more time consuming to load into your pack. You may also lose paint if youre making a difficult reload or some paint may get stuck in the pouch as youre pullin the tube out.

Capped is great for stuffing any type of pack and keeping the paint nice and clean. Flip caps are more expensive but work great. Youre less likely to lose paint. They can be time consuming and clumsy to refill because of the caps.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

I like speed caps that hold onto the tubes, with the deep lids, not the shallow ones that flip open too easy. I like them because they pop open with the flick of a thumb and the loop hangs onto the tube securely where the ribs of the tube are. If the stack of paintballs sit higher than the tube the deep-lid speed caps aren't pressing down too hard on the stack. They're valuable to me so I throw them in the neck of my T-shirt after I use them

Last edited by Pittsburgh Stinkbugs; 11-26-2017 at 01:23 AM.
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 01:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
phantom phanatic

Send a message via AIM to Phantom1313

capless is how I like to roll. stuff them into my joyride harness and I have plenty of paint

I make carbon fiber feed tubes & ghostrings for phantoms:https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ost-rings.html

My feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
Phantom1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

I think the answer is more dependent on which type of harness you find most comfortable.

A lot of folks run a Joyride, which is set-up for capless. Some folks go with a shotgun / bandolier style, which necessitates capped tubes.

Personally, I've run two styles of leg harnesses (personal preference). The first one was a PB Mafia LG-10 harness, which was capped and I used speedcaps. Then I graduated to a custom rig, with an integrated dump pouch, which was set-up for capless. Sometimes, I spill more paint with the capless rig, but I prefer it for the built-in dump pouch and it holds just enough paint for two games.

My suggestion is to check out which harness feels best to you and that will usually guide you decision on tubes.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Stock Class Jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusskiX View Post
I think the answer is more dependent on which type of harness you find most comfortable.

A lot of folks run a Joyride, which is set-up for capless. Some folks go with a shotgun / bandolier style, which necessitates capped tubes.

Personally, I've run two styles of leg harnesses (personal preference). The first one was a PB Mafia LG-10 harness, which was capped and I used speedcaps. Then I graduated to a custom rig, with an integrated dump pouch, which was set-up for capless. Sometimes, I spill more paint with the capless rig, but I prefer it for the built-in dump pouch and it holds just enough paint for two games.

My suggestion is to check out which harness feels best to you and that will usually guide you decision on tubes.
This is true. When I got my joyride I was slightly disappointed because it's too big around for me. But I really liked the functionality so I incorporated another belt beneath it (which also happens to hold a dump pouch.

Near Houston TX? Check out the
Houston Area Stock Class Group
Mithuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 04:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Privateer, not Pirate

I've run capless with my Joyride for years now. It just takes practice to not spill. I have the pull out, load, put in dump pouch motion down pretty smooth now, I only miss the dump pouch like 1/20 times without looking lol.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hug Supplier

I've always used capped tubes, I want to try a joyride pack, but until then I'll just wait until my harness craps out
Old 11-26-2017, 04:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
is my hero

PPS Fan
Capless for speed all day. I run a WTF gauntlet for almost every game and love that setup. Its quick, light, and easy and no fumbling with caps to break your concentration.

Feedback thread: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts