mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 11-30-2017, 03:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Viewloader revolution troubleshooting

So I bought a box o' stuff off a member here which included a dead revolution. This is the original 12v revolution and all the parts are there but nothing happens when it is switched on. Just wondering if there are any guides to troubleshooting or any common failure points I should look at. I do have a separate working revvy that I could use to swap known good parts around to try and isolate the problem area. Any advice/guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks
sbs10v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 03:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Likely a fried board... I've had a number of them over the years, one more reason I either use a gravity feed or force feed hopper now.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I've got an R2 for my newer guns but my mags and cockers just feel right with the revolution. I'd like to fix this one because I like to tinker and usually don't settle for "it's broke so let's throw it away."
Old 11-30-2017, 07:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbs10v8 View Post
I've got an R2 for my newer guns but my mags and cockers just feel right with the revolution. I'd like to fix this one because I like to tinker and usually don't settle for "it's broke so let's throw it away."
I don't know if aftermarket boards are still available, although there are likely some used ones kicking around still... I think there was a sound activated board available, and you might be able to find an X-board still. However, if you find one, JT's version of the Revolution is dirt cheap, so it might not worth fixing the one you have at this point.

Try swapping in the motor from the good one to see if it turns - if not, you're likely into a board. I haven't seen too many motor failures, just boards.

Alternately, you could wire in a momentary switch like AGD's Intellifeed setup, so the motor turns every time the switch is activated by, say, a trigger hitting it.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Paintball Gateway has stock replacement boards for the JT Revolution, which looks identical to the older boards, just a different color here and there...

JT Revolution Loader Main Circuit Board Assembly

And for your pricing consideration, the replacement board costs $25.
Their price for a complete brand new JT Revolution hopper, $44.

Nunquam emere quid potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I find $15 Revvy all the time. Best bet is to keep an eye out for cheap ones and swap parts. Don't spend $25 on a board. You can find working Revvy a for that if you look.

But yeah board is most likely bad.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Ok, thanks for the info. Just didn't know if there were common issues like a solder joint breaking loose, faulty on/off, etc, that I may be able to look into but it doesn't sound like there is. I'll probably just look for a cheap one to steal the electronics from cause I really want to use this blue shell. Thanks!
Old 11-30-2017, 11:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbs10v8 View Post
Ok, thanks for the info. Just didn't know if there were common issues like a solder joint breaking loose, faulty on/off, etc, that I may be able to look into but it doesn't sound like there is. I'll probably just look for a cheap one to steal the electronics from cause I really want to use this blue shell. Thanks!
Don't tighten the shell halfs together to much. Those old shells can be brittle. I have a red and blue one. My blue one I had to replace one time.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

i have some 9v boards but i'm out of 12's.
vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
$15 working Revvy on Old School BST on Facebook

https://m.facebook.com/groups/139392...?ref=bookmarks

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts