mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 12-25-2017, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Force Fed Loader Options

I'm in the market for a new loader to go with the Threshold that Santa was kind enough to send me this year. In reading up on them, I'm seeing a lot of fanboyism between the Spire 200, the LTR and the LVL. All are in the same price range. All seem to be solid picks. However, I'm looking to make the best choice. I'm looking for a loader that's easy on paint, has a long battery life, feeds reliably and is ruggedly built.
Old 12-25-2017, 05:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

I use two... an older Rotor and a Valken Vmax+. I like them both but the Valken is lighter and gets used more.

Neither of them are on your list though... so it probably doesn't help you much.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 05:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

The ltr is essentially an older rotor with a different shell, just pick up.an older rotor for $50 and call it a day.
-Duncan
dkv23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 06:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

Spire will feed better than the rotor/LT-R. Spire has been the most popular for a reason. I haven't heard of anyone actually using an LVL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 07:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
Spire will feed better than the rotor/LT-R. Spire has been the most popular for a reason. I haven't heard of anyone actually using an LVL.
Good point. I've been leaning towards the Spire. How rugged is it? I like the anti-jam features it has and how quiet it's supposed to be when empty; but I've heard people mention that the plastic isn't as strong as the Rotor/LTR and that it has a habit of losing fingers in the drive mechanism. Is there any truth to this?
Old 12-25-2017, 09:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

It's not as durable as a rotor, no. But it's far from fragile. You'd have to try to break a spire. Several guys on my team have been running spires for the last couple years, playing every weekend, and besides one guy breaking his lid, they haven't had any problems with them. And they're pretty rough on their gear. I've never heard of them losing fingers, but I haven't really followed them too closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 10:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Thanks for your input. In the end, I suppose one is as good as the other. I'll keep an eye out for a good deal on either one.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Previously blasdgag

I’ve been wondering this question too, and was looking into the Halo B. Is that a good option? I’ve seen them as low as $25, just haven’t grabbed one yet.
Rainmaker's Feedback
Rainmaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasdgag View Post
I’ve been wondering this question too, and was looking into the Halo B. Is that a good option? I’ve seen them as low as $25, just haven’t grabbed one yet.
They're heavy and hard on batteries, from what I've heard. I had one briefly and hated it.

I'm a huge fan of the Rotor I have, it's just too much loader for most of what I use.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
the oddballer

Probably the only one who but the og pinochio hopper is awesome. super light strong plastic and simple *** all hell have never broken a ball in mine. yes its god ugly but its functional and who doesn't want the option to carry almost half a ase of paint in your hopper haha . has had the same batteries since i bought it probably 2 years a go and is still running strong. played about 2 a month during the first year and once amonth for the second year. I ran it on everything from my pumps to cockers to impulses with no problem.
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...feed-back.html
killerito is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts