mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 12-29-2017, 10:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Stock Class Harnes Options

PBMafia (Topstitch)
Ronin
PB tailor

These are the only ones i know that currently makes stock class harnesses. Not saying they arent good. I own or owned gear from all these companies /makers and all make solid gear. But what other companies currently make stock class harnesses. I wanna know whats oout there before making my decision. I currently use a shotgun belt. And it work fine but looking for an upgrade. Illbe wearing a dumppouch on my lower back so i dont want any back harnesses like the gxg

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2017, 10:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
There's also WTF but we all know how long people have been waiting for orders through them. Their products are great but that's provided you receive them.

MAr is also developing a capless harness which I'll eventually have my hands on (thanks to my l33t haxor skills in his Walzmas giveaway )

You've already mentioned PB Mafia, PB tailor and Ronin; but I've been a fan of PB Mafia gear for years. It's just that good.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fluffy Bunny Pump

CCM Fan
PBmafia be using there stuff for a awhile and worth the extra price
war009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
is my hero

PPS Fan
In every thread that pops up about this I recommend the WTF gauntlet but like others have said the wait to get your stuff is ridiculous. If you can find one used get it! Otherwise I bought mine from the WTF site when it was listed as in stock and got it 3 days later. Custom orders or anything not in stock can take over a year. Haven’t tried PB tailor but her stuff looks legit and if I need a custom rig, she’ll be the next I go to.

How many tubes do you use in a normal game? That might help you drive your decision. I find I go through about 2-3 for a walk on type game. With the gauntlet it holds 4 tubes and I walk on the filed with 10 in the gun and 40 on the gauntlet and usually toss an extra tube in my cargo pockets just in case we play back to back games on the field. For larger games I just add a shotgun belt to carry more tubes or slap on a PB mafia LG-10 but I really don’t like things on my legs.

Feedback thread: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Well im just getting into stock class. But when i use tube on my pump i go about 3 or 4 per walk on game. Big events i plan on going with something arounf 15tubes and 10 12g

Old 12-29-2017, 11:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
I forgot to mention that I also recently picked up a couple stock class MOLLE panels from sale2me. Build quality seems pretty good and they weren't very expensive either.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I forgot to mention that I also recently picked up a couple stock class MOLLE panels from sale2me. Build quality seems pretty good and they weren't very expensive either.
Yea. I saw those. They look amazing but i dont wanna go the vest way.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Brumski

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingmac View Post
Yea. I saw those. They look amazing but i dont wanna go the vest way.

If vests/chest rigs arenít an option what about a Molle battle belt?
Feedback
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
Paintball
Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/melvin.brumski

Things I would like to purchase with American dollars:
1: Dragon barrel plugs!

I moved across the country, if you live in Louisiana hit me up!
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Nerd

Radical solution if you have a pair of pants you really like: Get a Ronin or PBMafia stock class belt, or a generic 12 gauge shotgun belt. Cut it into sections of 5-6 loops, and sew them onto the thighs of your pants.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
IT'S TIME TO TOSS THE DICE
DarwinZDF42<--YouTube channel. Subscribe! "Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback

Selling a PPS Pug? I might be buying. PM me.

Last edited by Diomedes; 12-29-2017 at 12:31 PM.
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
is my hero

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
Radical solution if you have a pair of paints you really like: Get a Ronin or PBMafia stock class belt, or a generic 12 gauge shotgun belt. Cut it into sections of 5-6 loops, and sew them onto the thighs of your pants.
I missed out on the Smokin' pants and would love to see something like that come back out. This solution sounds like a good step in that direction.

Vests get hot. I loved my WTF stalker vest for the ease of carrying everything up front and it also took some close shots that would have been ouchies. BUT, it was hard to play in due to the heat retention. For me its all about accessible tubes and comfort. I don't like the joyride though I know its a huge favorite because its tricky to get a capless tube off your back quickly in a firefight. With the gauntlet, I have the tubes inches from my gun and can just pull a tube, reload, and stash the tube in a few seconds.

PBtailor makes a gauntlet. Maybe check those out? My biggest complaint with the WTF gauntlet after 4 years of using it is the was its held on. The loops around the fingers and the cord on the forearm aren't super comfortable but I forget about it soon after its on and never notice it during play. That said, something like an elastic sleeve to slide your arm/hand in that held it on better would be an improvement.

Feedback thread: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts