mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 02-04-2018, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Leaking inline on/off ASA

I have an inline on/off ASA on my MCS Blizzard so I don't have to take the tank out of the stock when the gun is not in use. The problem is that it leaks pretty bad and I can't find the source. The o-ring has already been replaced and oiled. The threads all look good too. I can see no other seals to go bad inside or out. It leaks from the middle with any tank connected so it's not the tank either. Am I missing something?

Old 02-04-2018, 07:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Bow Chicka Honk Honk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I have an inline on/off ASA on my MCS Blizzard so I don't have to take the tank out of the stock when the gun is not in use. The problem is that it leaks pretty bad and I can't find the source. The o-ring has already been replaced and oiled. The threads all look good too. I can see no other seals to go bad inside or out. It leaks from the middle with any tank connected so it's not the tank either. Am I missing something?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....2L._SX355_.jpg
Could there be an o-ring leaking on the pin? I cant say I have experience with these on/offs, but ASAs need to be rebuilt over time just like everything else
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
- The New Colossus, Emma Lazarus

This is what the Statue of Liberty is supposed to mean. But what does she mean now? How have we strayed so far?

My feedback
Jahnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
I was able to get it working somehow. It looks like the internal valve was stuck partially open and venting air. After a little percussive maintenance, it seemed to work itself loose.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts