mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 02-11-2018, 12:16 AM   #21 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirmeister View Post
I use both eyes as well, I've looked into those occluded (is this right?) sights to put on my phantom but they are quite pricey in my neck of the woods.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
The issue I have with sights is they sit on top of the marker. I never use the top of any of my markers to aim. I'm using the outer most edge of the marker relative to the barrel to aim long ball shots. I do this with every marker I own they all shoot the same to me. I can switch from cocker to phantom to Electro with ease because I aim them the same. I also tend to focus on the target more then the marker itself. Marker is more peripheral then a focal point. All my markers are center feed. I can't shoot Back bottle or right/left feed markers well because the way I aim. Stocks are fine but they need to have a drop for mask relief.

I do find I'm more accurate with my VSC Phantom I think it has more to do with how its setup and how close the barrel is to the grip. It feels very natural to point for me. I also run a long setup 14" barrel and a fixed T stock I think it helps a lot with stability. It's very lightweight so it makes snap shooting quick and more consistent for me. Love my Phantom it's my favorite to shoot.

Ergonomic setup is key I agree Diomedes 100%

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box; 02-11-2018 at 12:21 AM.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:26 AM   #22 (permalink)
Cheap a$$ gunslinger

I dont really aim anymore, its so natural i just point and shoot, i need a little more practice with my phantom though, like idiot box said i dont use the marker at all i focus on what im shooting at

STOCK CLASS-the Jedi way of paintball
psycho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:41 AM   #23 (permalink)
Daddy

What's this "aim" you speak of?

My MCB Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

Magic Card Sale/Trade:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ollection.html
Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:16 PM   #24 (permalink)
Closer to home.....

CCM Fan
I sight down the barrel (leaning left/right depending on which hand Im shooting). After lots of shooting now, I have a really good idea what my target line is and how much to elevate with distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Feedback: Here on MCB BigEvilOnline Automags.org PaintBallNation
Zondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:52 PM   #25 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Normal setup... I try to be consistent with how I hold the marker and align down the side of the barrel and kinda aim with the "tip" of the barrel. So more of knowing where I am pointing.

With my magfed setup I use either a scope or red-dot. But I'm usually shooting FSR at longer ranges.

I'm a rifle guy though so I tend to shoot better with guns I can shoulder. Gotten a number of players out at close range with snap shooting with longer setup markers than shorter setups.
Spyder E-MR5 - for those huge scenario games
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:32 PM   #26 (permalink)
Bestial Bowman

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
Yeah, as others have said, muscle memory is a game changer - I used to aim exactly how you described (with the two barrels), but now I don't bother at all. You sort of get a knack for where your ball is going to go (even having a decent idea of how much of a dip it'll take).
I've been having a lot of fun lately going out using a mag'd 98 with a horizontal grip, and literally hip-firing everything - once you get it down the mechanics are exactly the same however you shoot - and you'll be a much better "snap" shot to boot!

And if you miss, adjust and shoot again!

Here it is with the hopper on it:

STRIDERS on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stride...98060457001863

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheb View Post
Despite their proximity, the Wolfman from Leeds is not related to any werewolf in London, but he is first cousins with the Northern Mi dogman.
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:53 PM   #27 (permalink)
is my hero

PPS Fan
That looks hella fun!

Feedback thread: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:57 PM   #28 (permalink)
Tinkerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
That's rediculous, I love it!

Play pump, don't be a hoser.
My Feedback
Shopping List
For Sale
smirmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:44 PM   #29 (permalink)
Go forth and be awesome

I'm right-handed but left-eye dominant. Made it easy to learn to shoot off-handed.

With my VSC Phantom, I aim over the top of the 2-piece feed adapter. It's one of the older ones that has the groove down the center, and feels like the fastest and the most natural/accurate way to aim. Love using the 8" CCI barrel with a stock class configuration.

With my CCM S6.5, I aim down the barrel. Found out that doesn't work very well when using a short barrel, though...
Old 02-12-2018, 11:03 PM   #30 (permalink)
Tinkerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Trigger View Post
I'm right-handed but left-eye dominant. Made it easy to learn to shoot off-handed.

With my VSC Phantom, I aim over the top of the 2-piece feed adapter. It's one of the older ones that has the groove down the center, and feels like the fastest and the most natural/accurate way to aim. Love using the 8" CCI barrel with a stock class configuration.

With my CCM S6.5, I aim down the barrel. Found out that doesn't work very well when using a short barrel, though...
Aiming over the top of the feed block is the most natural to me as well but mine has no groove. I have a ghost ring but just in some backyard shooting I wasn't really sure how to use it considering that the brass post is invisible against most targets.

Dumb question - How do you know which eye is your dominant?

Play pump, don't be a hoser.
My Feedback
Shopping List
For Sale
smirmeister is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts