mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 02-13-2018, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Difference between LV1, LV1.1, LV1.5 & LVR?

I'm looking at moving up to an LV from my Etek 4 eventually. I just was curious as to the differences between the various LVs? And what the general price, used, is for each variant? Thanks!
Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
A Drowning Trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

LV1: original model from 2013. Still great, and not much has changed.

LV1.1:increased LPR volume, pro barrel tip, 1 piece rubber foregrip, webbed bolt face (you can add all of these updates to a regular LV1 besides the increased LPR volume)

LVR: Same as 1.1 with milled down lightweight body, limited run, full Shaft FL barrel kit included

LV1.5: Same as 1.1 with different body milling (maybe lighter? Not as light at the LVR), new milled lighter ASA, low profile feedneck, blade trigger, Shaft5 barrel back (not FL!), and a new locking interface between the ASA and the bottom of the frame to prevent the ASA from getting crooked and needing straightened. The 1.5 was basically a refresh, and was introduced at the same price existing LV1.1s were already selling at.

Since the LV platform is 5 years old there are a LOT of them out there, you'll see a wide range of used prices based on condition. If you find one for $400 or less, I probably wouldn't buy it unless you want a beat up gun that may not shoot as well as it should.

Planet Eclipse Tech and Planet Eclipse Service Center. Please PM me for any warranty work or other Planet Eclipse service needs.
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Can you put a low-rise feedneck on an LV 1.1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-13-2018, 05:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

From a practical perspective, IMO, there's no real difference. My original lv1 shoots the exact same as friend's LVR and the weight difference is negligible. Pick up the cheapest one you can find and let it rip.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdawg View Post
Can you put a low-rise feedneck on an LV 1.1
Yes! It will fit and lock in place correctly, but there will be a small gap behind the feedneck between the body and the bottom of the feedneck. The "Ego" style feedneck has extra material that fills this gap, but the "Geo" style feedneck does not. The low-profile feedneck is a "Geo" style feedneck. It will still sit lower and mount correctly. The LV1.5 is machined to take the "Geo" style feedneck, and comes with the low profile from the factory. All the other Egos and LV models are designed for the "Ego" feedneck.

Although they are called "Ego" and "Geo" model feednecks, the "Ego" model is more used on other models of guns.

"Ego" feedneck guns:
All Egos/LV except LV1.5
All Eteks
GTEK/GMEK/160r
Etha/Etha2

"Geo" feedneck guns:
All GEOs including all CS models
LV1.5
GI Sportz Stealth (160r with different body milling)

The low profile feedneck will work with ALL of the above guns with zero issue, but will be a bit more "correct" on the "Geo" feedneck guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post
From a practical perspective, IMO, there's no real difference. My original lv1 shoots the exact same as friend's LVR and the weight difference is negligible. Pick up the cheapest one you can find and let it rip.
I would agree the difference is negligible. Unless you're dead set on the LVR or 1.5 model features, then I would find a good condition LV in a color and price that you like and go for it and not worry about the specific model.

Planet Eclipse Tech and Planet Eclipse Service Center. Please PM me for any warranty work or other Planet Eclipse service needs.
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts