mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-09-2019, 11:41 PM   #31 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

Awe, thanks Super! My ego approves.

This conversation reminded me of the "Flex Hone," that was likely talked about somewhere else here on MCB. I'm going to pile it on here with a warning that I'm sure using it improperly will end a perfectly good barrel, especially if it's anything but fairly high grit.

However, when used properly (so I hear) it renders a mirrored finish on the inside of the barrel; less reasons for drag. More reasons to brag.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gbd_flex_hone.jpg (20.9 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by Bang*Bang**; 01-11-2019 at 11:54 PM.
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:32 PM   #32 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Shooting mostly a CCM S6, 14" DW with freak inserts. Sanchez Machine barrels are good too, little heavier. I used to be an UL fan, but DW is my fav!
Old 01-11-2019, 11:56 PM   #33 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

Everyone seems to love deadly wind barrels! Which is good, because they look amazing.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:33 AM   #34 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
I wasn't impressed with DW barrels I liked my Dye UL over it. But I have a full Parabolic Phi barrel kit in route. Ordered one yesterday going to see what all the hype is about.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:07 AM   #35 (permalink)
MCB Member

My opinion on barrel kits, not that anyone should care.

Last edited by wunderbarsafari; 01-12-2019 at 11:59 AM.
wunderbarsafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:33 AM   #36 (permalink)
MCB Member

I still use a kit to maintain an slight overbore, just to make the gun more efficient and quieter. Aside from that, I want barrels that are aesthetically pleasing to me, and are as quiet and light as possible. Some kits will add 10 FPS compared to others, not that I shoot enough paint for that to matter, but it means I can keep the gun quieter!

Ironically, on my main closed bolt I haven't unscrewed a .678 1-piece in over a year. I stuff any paintball through that and it just works. .689 paint works, and only some .677 APX paint rolled out in the last year, and they've Upgraded their bore size since I believe.

Planet Eclipse Tech and Planet Eclipse Service Center. Please PM me for any warranty work or other Planet Eclipse service needs.
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:22 AM   #37 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box View Post
I wasn't impressed with DW barrels I liked my Dye UL over it. But I have a full Parabolic Phi barrel kit in route. Ordered one yesterday going to see what all the hype is about.

Jerry - there seems to be a number of people that take this approach. I imagine, much like shooting a single marker builds familiarity, shooting a single barrel should do the same. That way if the paint is the only variable. And so long as one doesn't end up in the +/- 20fps zone, the adjustment is probably fairly intuitive. Great point!
Old 01-13-2019, 05:05 AM   #38 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang*Bang** View Post
Jerry - there seems to be a number of people that take this approach. I imagine, much like shooting a single marker builds familiarity, shooting a single barrel should do the same. That way if the paint is the only variable. And so long as one doesn't end up in the +/- 20fps zone, the adjustment is probably fairly intuitive. Great point!
I would agree. All of my barrels have a very slim tip. When I pick up buddy's gun with a wide tip or flared front like most DYE barrels or a tactical Stella then my quick point and shoot accuracy isn't there for the first few shots until I adjust. Although I have no issue swapping between different lengths of slim-tipped barrels. But that familiarity is why people swear by certain barrels, and I also a factor in people swearing that their tournament space gun is "broken in" and "shoots so much smoother than it used to", even after a fresh rebuild and service will all new seals.

Planet Eclipse Tech and Planet Eclipse Service Center. Please PM me for any warranty work or other Planet Eclipse service needs.
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:21 PM   #39 (permalink)
pumper, machinist

love this ^^^ lol
440SUPERCOMMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts