mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 12-05-2018, 04:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member - Super Newbie

I'll post a photo of what i did for one of my markers that worked well, shaved the tabs off one of my feedneck adapters i got from here:

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...cent-grey.html

This allowed it to wedge into a feedneck, and the other end holds a cci cram and jam adapter. Tube goes in, holds it snug and all you have to deal with is renters chuckling about how small your "hopper" is.
Tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 04:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Cram and jam is where you cram the tube into the adaptor and then leave it right? Or do you juat dump the paint from the tube into another tube that is connected to the marker?
LT72884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

it would seem to me that a 20* feed wouldn't get me much of a gravity-fed effect - more than horizontal I guess, but probably not for any reasonable ROF, even shooting slow and semi as I do when playing cram n jam semi.

It's also not going to result in a significantly smaller profile than a 45* elbow because the 10 round tube is going to be what...a few inches lower at most? Maybe?

Easy button is a 3/4 inch copper 45* elbow from the hardware store. Costs a couple of bucks. It will need a few layers of electrical tape (what can't we say that about though, honestly?) for the tube to snugly fit. Bug they are great cram n jam feeds.

ETA: yes, cram n jam == push tube in hole and leave it there until you've shot out all your balls. Then cram another tube in and repeat.
apamburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by apamburn View Post
it would seem to me that a 20* feed wouldn't get me much of a gravity-fed effect - more than horizontal I guess, but probably not for any reasonable ROF, even shooting slow and semi as I do when playing cram n jam semi.

It's also not going to result in a significantly smaller profile than a 45* elbow because the 10 round tube is going to be what...a few inches lower at most? Maybe?

Easy button is a 3/4 inch copper 45* elbow from the hardware store. Costs a couple of bucks. It will need a few layers of electrical tape (what can't we say that about though, honestly?) for the tube to snugly fit. Bug they are great cram n jam feeds.

ETA: yes, cram n jam == push tube in hole and leave it there until you've shot out all your balls. Then cram another tube in and repeat.
Hmmmm, so ill go 42.769467365432 degrees and call it good

Ok, so now maybe im looking into a spring feed system to keep it horizontal, but reloading is gonna be a pain.

*sigh* not sure what i want now haha

Yes, printing the tubes could be a hassle, but if i spray them at the end with some primer and paint, then they might hold better. My pla i use is super freakin tough and worth the cost i pay haha. Its 27$ for a roll of it for 250 meters
Old 12-05-2018, 06:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

printing the 10 round tubes too?

If spring feed is the plan you could print an adapter that takes springfed pistol mags (PT Xtreme, Delta 68, etc).
apamburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 07:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCD Member

I know you probably want to design and print it yourself, but just in case you haven't seen his thread already.

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ts-thread.html
Old 12-05-2018, 08:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Yeah, the 10 round tubes as well or if i can find a dang good deal on them else where i will. Mostly print because i can make them flat at the end instead of round and because its fun to make stuff haha. Maybe make it have port holes in the tubes hahaso i can see how many i have left

Thanks for the link. I will check it out. It is fun to make my own but sometimes its noce to have someone else do it haha
Old 12-05-2018, 08:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

See, thats a nice pocket hopper. I was hoping to get a cyclone feed for cheap and use their tacticle hopper but was not able to make contact with the seller
Old 12-05-2018, 11:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
How about a cram & jam adapter kind of like on the Sanchez Machine stick feed but angled up to about 20* and extended to better grip the tube?

https://sep.yimg.com/ay/paintballgat...y-black-10.gif
With this one, i assume you dump the rounds from a tube into this and then either drop the tube or put it into a dump pouch of some sorts?

thanks

Im thinking of making a nice 30 degree adaptor for either my own printed tubes or purchased ones
Old 12-05-2018, 11:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
Where's Tug Contest Winner

Brass and Wood Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
With this one, i assume you dump the rounds from a tube into this and then either drop the tube or put it into a dump pouch of some sorts?

thanks

Im thinking of making a nice 30 degree adaptor for either my own printed tubes or purchased ones
In the case of the stick feed itself, yes (although, you're not going to drop the empty tube on purpose). However, my suggestion was to forego the feed tube itself and focus on just the feed neck and block. Replace the feed tube with a cram & jam and you've got a winner. You'll find that a 3d printed feed tube will be weak unless you beef up the wall thickness.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts