mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-02-2019, 11:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Magic box should have a c02 tank for maximum cheating doc.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

Brass and Wood Fan
I will throw an old valve front into your incoming package that was drilled for a magic box build, as long as tnwill safely work for your needs. I never installed it because of the drilling and I have also never had a magic box modded mag, so I have zero use for it.

Heading to the PO with your stuff right now!

“Life is full of meetings and partings. That is the way of it.”

Ganon's Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Welcome back buddy! And GanonsGrin is your brother? He is the devil
GanonsGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 05:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Mrs. Harbinger the void

I kinda always wanted a side tapped valve front for running a foregrip rag instead of one in the back. Would have shortened up the rail too. I think that would have made for a pretty cool mag.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
How much did the additional volume from the Magic Box actually affect the operating pressure?
-I seem to recall Tom Kaye mentioning, in a thread many years ago, that the typical operating pressure was around 400 PSI at the chamber (this was far enough back that I assumed he meant on CO2) and that the "Magic Box" dropped that all the way down to 350 PSI.

At a cost of about 10% less gas efficiency.

The "Foxhunter" mod, on the other hand, reduced the volume of the chamber roughly the same amount, raising the chamber pressure to about 450. That increased the gas efficiency roughly 10%.

Quote:
Magic box should have a c02 tank for maximum cheating doc.
-The Magic Box had nothing to do with cheating, and operated no differently on CO2 or HPA.

The Magic Box, as we all know now, was simply a hollow tube screwed into the side of the reg, to add a little volume to the 'Mag dump chamber. More gas available for the shot equals more velocity, meaning you could reduce the pressure necessary to make field velocities.

The idea the "side chamber" could "store liquid CO2" to make a hot shot is ludicrous- CO2 doesn't work that way. It can't work that way. You might as well say that side chamber "stores a slug of compressed air so the chamber can recharge faster", or something. Exact same idea, and equally impossible.

Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 06:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by spece108 View Post
I kinda always wanted a side tapped valve front for running a foregrip rag instead of one in the back. Would have shortened up the rail too. I think that would have made for a pretty cool mag.
-I used to make those. You can't tap the chamber like an MB does, as you'd have no on-off. But I used to make these little "caps" that replaced the back half of the reg- pull the back half, remove the reg seat and the little piston, screw the cap on, run a foregrip reg (back in the day meaning a Violator or Stabilizer.)

To make it look right you'd then mill off about an inch off the back of the rail.

Never made a bunch, and I haven't seen anyone using one in more than a decade, but it DID work.

Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 06:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
Heart of Texas

Doc is correct about the time period build then pegbording it. Lol

Need money? I buy old eclipse splash stuff..
cave_hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Clouds Brewing

If someone builds this - I will be willing to sell of my Fred Schutlz Signature series Air America Raptor - 114CU tank. It is so cool looking, just useless with todays technology.
Raleighpaintball.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 08:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
VoodistMonk

I already have the Magic Box, Ganon is sending me a side drilled valve front, killerito has a botched/notched body... I think that means that I am building it. Lol.

I have two ANS Phase 2 regulator backs, which are equally cheesy as the Smart Parts 8 hole reg backs. And would be period correct for such a clownshoes Automag build.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 09:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post
-I seem to recall Tom Kaye mentioning, in a thread many years ago, that the typical operating pressure was around 400 PSI at the chamber (this was far enough back that I assumed he meant on CO2) and that the "Magic Box" dropped that all the way down to 350 PSI.

At a cost of about 10% less gas efficiency.

The "Foxhunter" mod, on the other hand, reduced the volume of the chamber roughly the same amount, raising the chamber pressure to about 450. That increased the gas efficiency roughly 10%.

-The Magic Box had nothing to do with cheating, and operated no differently on CO2 or HPA.

The Magic Box, as we all know now, was simply a hollow tube screwed into the side of the reg, to add a little volume to the 'Mag dump chamber. More gas available for the shot equals more velocity, meaning you could reduce the pressure necessary to make field velocities.

The idea the "side chamber" could "store liquid CO2" to make a hot shot is ludicrous- CO2 doesn't work that way. It can't work that way. You might as well say that side chamber "stores a slug of compressed air so the chamber can recharge faster", or something. Exact same idea, and equally impossible.

Doc.
I was just reading that thread not that long ago, and TK also mentioned that the higher the OP, the better efficiency got, but the trigger got progressively harder to pull, to the point of non usability.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts