mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-02-2019, 12:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
VoodistMonk

So, I got a Smart Parts Magic Box, who can install it?

In a surprise gift of extra goodies, I found what appears to be a Smart Parts Magic Box for an Automag, or most of one. Despite my undying hatred of all things Smart Parts, now that I have this awkward relic, I find myself compelled to use it.

Clearly the body has to be notched and the forward valve body has to be drilled and tapped.

Has anyone other than Smart Parts ever done this?

Anyone want to try?
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Heart of Texas

Superman on here might be able to help

Need money? I buy old eclipse splash stuff..
cave_hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
the oddballer

I have a body that’s already botched. I mean notched. If you need it haha
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-im-broke.html
Feed back
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...feed-back.html
killerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
VoodistMonk

No $#!+, I will take it. PM me PayPal for shipping. I want to return this little piece of history to service.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
VoodistMonk

On a separate note, before I try find someone to install this on my build... is anyone else looking for it to compete something special?

I happened into this Magic Box, and now I want to use it. If this is something you have been looking for to complete something more historically accurate... please let me know.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Really, the only reason to have it is to build a "period correct" 'Mag. Old VL2000 with a colored clear elbow, 12" or 16" splashed All-American barrel, stock potmetal grip frame with a cut trigger guard and splashed double trigger, straight, unmilled (that is, no 'shark gills') sight rail, ring style tourney lock (or one of those hex-nut-cap styles) and a 68CI Air America HPA system mounted in a "Fred Schultz" mounting block.

No Level 10, foamy bolt only. Spring bolt O-ring, no power tube spacers. Bonus points for an 8-hole mod.

Shoot it a couple of times to prove it can be done, maybe play a game with it in your authentic Tiger Stripe cammie pajammies and a JT X-Fire mask, then hang it on the wall of your local PB shop like the old washboards and antique coffee grinders in an Applebees.

Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 05:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post
Really, the only reason to have it is to build a "period correct" 'Mag. Old VL2000 with a colored clear elbow, 12" or 16" splashed All-American barrel, stock potmetal grip frame with a cut trigger guard and splashed double trigger, straight, unmilled (that is, no 'shark gills') sight rail, ring style tourney lock (or one of those hex-nut-cap styles) and a 68CI Air America HPA system mounted in a "Fred Schultz" mounting block.

No Level 10, foamy bolt only. Spring bolt O-ring, no power tube spacers. Bonus points for an 8-hole mod.

Shoot it a couple of times to prove it can be done, maybe play a game with it in your authentic Tiger Stripe cammie pajammies and a JT X-Fire mask, then hang it on the wall of your local PB shop like the old washboards and antique coffee grinders in an Applebees.

Doc.
vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:

Doc.
Something tells me this isn't just a hypothetical story.
Macdave06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 09:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
then hang it on the wall of your local PB shop like the old washboards and antique coffee grinders in an Applebees.

Doc.
I prefer the single hex cap locks. Bacci used to have some.

The thing about a mag is that it can look bone stock, even though it has a level 10 and an RT on/off.

I had been out of the game for a while when I updated my only classic mag with an x-valve. I still had (have) the potmetal frame, power feed, and feed elbow. Not many people recognized the x-valve. People would be wondering who was throwing all of that paint. They would look down at my marker and say "no, that's just a mag". Same with a classic ep-mag.

I very rarely play with that volume of paint now, so yeah, most of my mags are starting to look like wall hangers of my own value. I actually have a gasoline blow torch sitting on the wife's knick-knack shelf, just like a Wile-E-Coyote ACME torch. Maybe I can sneak a mag in there.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
VoodistMonk

Superman won't install it, as it may ruin the valve if done incorrectly. Understandable. No sense in ruining perfectly fine Automag valves for a Smart Parts gimmick.

How much did the additional volume from the Magic Box actually affect the operating pressure?

This thing seems pretty simple, and it's kinda neat, despite being from Smart Parts. I might have to find a use for it, even if it's not on the Mag I am currently building. People keep saying that Automags have a way of multiplying...

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts