mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-02-2019, 10:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Intermidiate

Rainman Pump Mag Kit Pricing?

So I already asked this in the automag section already, but figured I'd get input from a wider audience.
The kit is complete but untested, with a few nicks and scratches on the part that screws to the rail.
So my question is how much is this worth without shipping? Also, it was suggested to me to sell it with a milled rail. How much value would a milled rail add to the kit?
Any input would be appreciated.IMG_20190102_175828.jpeg
BLINDMAN Pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hug Supplier

Depending on who you're asking and what Generation Rainman pump kit, on average, a Rainman style pump kit I've seen go for around 100$ +-20$ depending on generation, a lot of the Gen 3 kits were plagued with problems some of the Gen 3 kits were perfect

If you sell the kit by itself it might sit, the addition of a pump milled rail would motivate people to buy, if you're selling an entire pump kit/pump milled rail/pump milled body it would be more likey to sell, but at the same time that's if you have everything and are willing to part with them,
I'd advise against sending a body and rail out to get pump milled cause I don't think you'll make your money back, I could be wrong tho, and as for the how much money a pump milled rail will add to the pump kit can be from 40$ to 90$ depending on if it's a stock rail sent out to be milled, a factory milled rail, or if it's a Luke's(custom machined) rail that's been pump milled
Old 01-02-2019, 10:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Intermidiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
Depending on who you're asking and what Generation Rainman pump kit, on average, a Rainman style pump kit I've seen go for around 100$ +-20$ depending on generation, a lot of the Gen 3 kits were plagued with problems some of the Gen 3 kits were perfect

If you sell the kit by itself it might sit, the addition of a pump milled rail would motivate people to buy, if you're selling an entire pump kit/pump milled rail/pump milled body it would be more likey to sell, but at the same time that's if you have everything and are willing to part with them,
I'd advise against sending a body and rail out to get pump milled cause I don't think you'll make your money back, I could be wrong tho, and as for the how much money a pump milled rail will add to the pump kit can be from 40$ to 90$ depending on if it's a stock rail sent out to be milled, a factory milled rail, or if it's a Luke's(custom machined) rail that's been pump milled
Just to clarify, I already have a pump milled rail, but not body. I was planning on selling the rail with a regular semi auto mag (it's the only rail I have) and selling the pump kit seperatly.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Intermidiate

Also the kit does have a bit of binding if downward pressure is put on the pump.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hug Supplier

Ahh gotcha, you are in quite the predicament, you an try and sell it off as a whole or separate, personally I'd try to find a cheap rail and sell the pump milled rail with pump kit, and sell the mag with he non pump milled rail, that's just my 2
Old 01-03-2019, 12:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Intermidiate

After careful consideration of the economics involved, I will not be selling the kit with a rail.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts