mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-11-2019, 01:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
which is better?

So I currently have a Bob Long Insight. I was looking at the PE CS1. I'm 6'1'' 240lbs. Play maybe 6 times a year or so. Should I sell the Insight and get the CS1 or should I just keep the Insight? I know theres a difference in age between the two but i cant find any comparison videos or reviews anywhere. If you where me, which one would you have and why?
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Jello78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

I would try to see if you can play with a CS1 beforehand. They have a very different feel in hand from most guns, as well as shot quality. I really didn't like it and ended up selling mine.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

I love the CS1. It's easily my favorite modern gun. For someone your size, I think the ergonomics would work very well. It's a bit longer and fatter than an insight. I haven't shot paint thru an insight so I can't comment on shot quality. All I can say is that my cs1, without any adjustment, shoots very well. But most importantly, it's going o be way more reliable and way less finicky than an insight.

I'd agree with the notion of trying it before making the switch. I certainly love mine, and it convinced 2 of my teammates to buy them as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Never shot a CS1 but the Insight is ridiculous. Very fast, efficient, and very smooth. I was easily putting 5 or 6 balls down range without even realizing it. It's small, fast, and a very competitive shooter.

The Insight I used was my brothers. The only time anything happened to it is when he tried to adjust something. Had to send it to BL (Blast?) or whomever does their stuff to get reset.

If you go with the Insight send it in, get tuned, then never touch the settings again, except what it tells you to do to adjust velocity. It just works.

They are both very good guns, so it'l really just be your preference.

Magfed Hurricane with T15 Mags
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 03:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
yeah i have an insight now and no problems thanks god (knock on wood). But i dont know if i should go for the cs1. never owned anything from PE marker wise. Heard nothing but good stuff. Im just afraid to buy a CS1 and not like it and loose money when i try to sell it.
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Jello78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 03:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Definitely try to get your mitts on it to get a feel for it. The grips on the cs1 are pretty fat, but you make like that. Also you can trim the CS2 grips to fit on them for a slimmer profile. I had an onslaught and liked the shot of it, but prefer the shot of the gtek. Plus in the back of my mind I know its always going to work. I never had an issue with the onslaught, but always a nagging thought of WHEN will it mess up.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts