mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-16-2019, 07:51 PM   #31 (permalink)
the oddballer

Somone needs to make at work on a mech cocker haha. That I would love to see.
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-im-broke.html
Feed back
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...feed-back.html
killerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:00 PM   #32 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerito View Post
!Mind Blown!

Not that I would use it, but that would be some pretty cool engineering.
Carlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:51 PM   #33 (permalink)
makin bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerito View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
!Mind Blown!

Not that I would use it, but that would be some pretty cool engineering.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIiyvTGiOqA
Old 01-16-2019, 11:41 PM   #34 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Sorry for going off topic. Magmoor ill send you a pm

My real favorites were always roundbody merlins. Jmj merlins, and CCM guns. I alwaysbhated WGP feednecks and felt it was a crying shame they never changed em.

Besides those guns i still like the westwood because it has been the uber gun since the beginning.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 05:18 AM   #35 (permalink)
Plays on the cheap

I'm super happy that people dig the Trilogy. I'm usually surrounded by people who hate on 'em. I love them too and have owned a couple in the past. They just work.

But my favorite would be a bone stock 2k2 WGP center feed. The Sledgehammer regs were and still are fantastic. Non-adjustable, yes, but to me that is a selling point. Nothing to mess with. They just work and I feel they are a step above the Trilogy line in terms of shot "feel". Simple lines, and not so expensive that I wouldn't worry about using it a boatload and banging it up. Oh, and the back block. A cocker needs a backblock. Period.

I don't have one, but I want one in blue. Perhaps someday...
Old 01-17-2019, 09:54 AM   #36 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Here you go buddy

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F143090122618

As for me I was always selling my good cockers because they were a heartbeat away from getting half or mid blocked. Trilogies are easy to like when they are less than a hundred dollars.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:23 AM   #37 (permalink)
Plays on the cheap

Thank you! I don't use eBay, so I never know what's on there. But...

Now for the hard part: asking the wife.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:00 AM   #38 (permalink)
Automag RT Triple OG

I'm really glad this thread was made! As a mag guy, the cocker world has always looked so complex and varied that I never had a clear understanding of the prestige, or desirability, rating of all the different models. That makes it impossible to identify fair pricing on anything, or why it cost what it does!

That being said, as a 90's era aficionado, the Eclipse cockers from that era are probably my favorites.
"He is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, "What is the riddle of the Automag?" If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me. That's Tom Kaye, strong on his mountain!"

Check out my Instagram art page and give me a like!
https://instagram.com/nealg_illustration
Dusty Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:04 PM   #39 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
My real favorites were always roundbody merlins. Jmj merlins, and CCM guns.
Me too. One of my teammates has a jackal rdl and it's gorgeous. I think my personal favorite roundbody would be the full sized Inception FLE. And of course, a Chris Shanks Spine. I think a Spine would be the only gun I'd give up my trilogy for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
That being said, as a 90's era aficionado, the Eclipse cockers from that era are probably my favorites.
Oh for sure. The 90s era eclipse cockers are among my favorites, especially in the splash pattern like the one I linked a picture to last page. That, and a 97 P&P Supercocker.

Even though I don't love playing with right feed guns, I always thought they looked better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 04:09 PM   #40 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
Westwoods were expensive moreso because of the milling costs than anything. Performance wise, they weren't anything beyond what you'd get out of a Stage 3 from BBT. That being the case, it's not unreasonable to say that you could easily build something better using more modern parts. Hell, the "Shocktech" model cockers from BBT (before they changed their name to Shocktech) would get better performance because they had more modern parts. A modern SFL would miles ahead of an old Westwood.

(That's actually kinda funny now that I think about it; BBT changed their name to a model of gun they produced, just as Planet Paintball changed their name to Planet Eclipse, where "Eclipse" was a model of gun they made).
Something needs to be pointed out in the context of "modern parts".

Up until about 2002 HPA was a luxury at many fields local to me (other locales certainly have different time lines). Less than 20% of the fields within 60 miles had it as an option. Cocker builds were still predominantly set up for CO2 and the parts were a reflection of that fact.

I have purchased several CO2 era cockers that at minimum needed some springs swapped to get them to chrono at field speeds on HPA. Today's regulators are all purpose built for compressed air as well. No need to worry about parts freezing due to propelent dynamics. Or wild chrono variations as the day got 12 degrees hotter between 10 am and 1 pm.

Modern cocker parts are great, but so much of that is due to the fact that compressed air now is the rule, not the exception.

I would propose that when comparing the performance of a modern Inception build to a classic BBT offering we need to remember that propelent dictated many design choices.

feedback

https://www.cafepress.com/paintshirt

Cool swag to promote your sport!

Honey badger don't care! Honey badger don't give a @#$%.

Shipped price is valid to domestic buyers and will be USPS priority. International buyers are welcome, but will cover additional costs. Insurance costs are included. If you prefer an uninsured package, you the buyer will assume all risk once I ship.
coyote is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts