mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-18-2019, 11:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'd also suggest the Palmer Female Stab. 200-700 range and can run on either Co2 or HPA. I find them to be very consistent, running on a 350 psi spyder.

The Spyder bottom reg is easy to find and a cheaper option. It works fine and can do 300 to 600 I think, or maybe even up to 800. I run one on my Spyder EM1 at about 380 psi. As far as being lightweight it is much lighter than a Palmer Stab. It will have shootdown if you walk the trigger very fast, but anything 10bps or less it will be fine.

Magfed Hurricane with T15 Mags
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 11:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Intermidiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajay View Post
I'd also suggest the Palmer Female Stab. 200-700 range and can run on either Co2 or HPA. I find them to be very consistent, running on a 350 psi spyder.

The Spyder bottom reg is easy to find and a cheaper option. It works fine and can do 300 to 600 I think, or maybe even up to 800. I run one on my Spyder EM1 at about 380 psi. As far as being lightweight it is much lighter than a Palmer Stab. It will have shootdown if you walk the trigger very fast, but anything 10bps or less it will be fine.
Is this the one you're talking about? It appears to use a proprietary mount for the drop and Spyder spacing for the bottom line holes. Is this accurate? Is the fitting 1/8 npt? Its going on a semi only blowback, so I don't think shoot down will be an issue. Are there seals available for it, or are they common orings and what not?Screenshot_20190118-102332.jpeg
BLINDMAN Pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

I doubt the fitting is 1/8 NPT, the last one I rebuilt used o-rings from my toolbox (noted I had a master spyder rebuild kit) and one can modify the drop forward to have the properly spaced holes for standard mount frame by drilling the holes.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

You would also be able to use a WGP cage or a Palmers female stab bottomline mount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 03:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
pumper, machinist

i run a maxflo micro, and love it. it fits me well, and is 850 output. but it is a tank reg, ie, it threads into the tank, and regs down to std hi pressure.
they work really well, but if on any non blowback marker, you obvs need a secondary reg.
also, parts are not as readily available. i actually need to buy a couple re build kits jic.
440SUPERCOMMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLINDMAN Pb View Post
Is this the one you're talking about? It appears to use a proprietary mount for the drop and Spyder spacing for the bottom line holes. Is this accurate? Is the fitting 1/8 npt? Its going on a semi only blowback, so I don't think shoot down will be an issue. Are there seals available for it, or are they common orings and what not?
That's the one. The holes are spyder but you can find an adapter easily:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyder-Offs...ustZ:rk:2:pf:0

I don't remember if the front threading in NPT, I can check, it is standard Macro though. The Gauge port is 1/8 NPT.
EDIT: the front is spyder thread. If you want an elbow fitting you'll either need a spyder one or a Metric to NPT adapter fitting.

O-rings are easily found anywhere. Very simple reg that I think uses the curved washers. Adjustment is a hex key screw.

Magfed Hurricane with T15 Mags

Last edited by seajay; 01-18-2019 at 11:12 PM.
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 07:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Riverside Renegades

Google to the rescue? "paintball bottomline regulator"

https://www.ansgear.com/Empire_Mini_...ipart17558.htm

Empire Axe/Invert Mini Relay Adjustable Regulator with Lever On/Off ASA - Dust Black

If you get a 90degree 1/8npt fitting or similar, you can probably jury rig a more common regulator on the side next to a normal bottomline. Or you could pick up some shorter line, and an adapter like this - https://www.amazon.com/Paintball-Ada.../dp/B00NOBHMLC - to put a "dangling" regulator.

FYI, I always found the WGP Ergo regulators cheaper and worked on co2/hpa without problems on my <400psi cockers years ago. They were my go-to over the palmer options. BUT they don't come in bottomline setup.

Lastly, is there a reason not to just look at the NINJA SLP tank regulator? Brings it down to 300-350, how low are you looking for?

Last edited by Matt DRown; 01-20-2019 at 07:53 PM. Reason: updates
Matt DRown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:44 AM   #18 (permalink)
Intermidiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt DRown View Post
Google to the rescue? "paintball bottomline regulator"

https://www.ansgear.com/Empire_Mini_...ipart17558.htm

Empire Axe/Invert Mini Relay Adjustable Regulator with Lever On/Off ASA - Dust Black

If you get a 90degree 1/8npt fitting or similar, you can probably jury rig a more common regulator on the side next to a normal bottomline. Or you could pick up some shorter line, and an adapter like this - https://www.amazon.com/Paintball-Ada.../dp/B00NOBHMLC - to put a "dangling" regulator.

FYI, I always found the WGP Ergo regulators cheaper and worked on co2/hpa without problems on my <400psi cockers years ago. They were my go-to over the palmer options. BUT they don't come in bottomline setup.

Lastly, is there a reason not to just look at the NINJA SLP tank regulator? Brings it down to 300-350, how low are you looking for?
Looking for an output between 400-800 psi. I think I'll just be goig for a standard bottomline reg, but thanks for the input!
Old 01-21-2019, 07:47 AM   #19 (permalink)
Intermidiate

Thanks everyone, I think I'll be trying the spyder reg.
Old 01-21-2019, 05:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

The final version of the Maxflo that came on SP steel tanks are around 400psi,they were often oackaged together with early Ions
The issue might be that the input directly threads into a bottle
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts