mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-17-2019, 07:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Intermidiate

Bottomline Regulators

I'm looking into making my Tippmann Sierra One low (lower) pressure, it has been modded for lower pressure (just no volumizer and valve). Just wanted to know what bottomline regs are out there that are female asa or 1/8 npt input, reliable, consistent, are fairly small and lightweight, and still have seals available for them, or use common seals
(P.S. I do know of the female stab.)
BLINDMAN Pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

The Tippmann Proline regulator comes to mind for me. As to how good they are or common seals I can't remember off the top of my head. I have one in my toolbox (I think) but haven't actually used one for over 10 years.

paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

Those at lprs, they only regulate down below like 150 to drive a pneumatic solenoid. They sucked in that application; only people who use them now are running pneu-mags or something.

Are you running remote? If so, you can run a stabilizer, either an inline or female, off your tank and keep it off the gun. Beyond that, your options are basically stabilizers or the spyder ASA regs. I guess PMI made one, the Thor reg I think? Super heavy though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Intermidiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
Those at lprs, they only regulate down below like 150 to drive a pneumatic solenoid. They sucked in that application; only people who use them now are running pneu-mags or something.

Are you running remote? If so, you can run a stabilizer, either an inline or female, off your tank and keep it off the gun. Beyond that, your options are basically stabilizers or the spyder ASA regs. I guess PMI made one, the Thor reg I think? Super heavy though.
Yes I am running remote, but I will be using it on other non low pressure guns. What about the air America bottom lines? Maxflows? Did those guys ever make something like I am describing?
BLINDMAN Pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

Ah yeah, I forgot about Max-flo's. I don't know what their output range is, or whether a 98 based gun will operate within said range, but they did make a bottomline reg. It's huge, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

The MaxFlo reg itself is somewhat large, but it's not as big as everyone makes it out to be.

The manifold commonly used to mount the MaxFlo is what makes up almost half the bulk, and that can be gotten rid of pretty easily. Just mount the MaxFlo to an on-off ASA with a 1/8" NPT pipe nipple.

MaxFlos most commonly come in the under-250psi flavor - there are high pressure MaxFlos out there, but they're hard to find. I have a high pressure one on my Rainmaker, and a under-barrel mounted low pressure MaxFlo on my Shocker. They're great regs, only use orings instead of proprietary reg seats, are very reliable, and other than greasing them once in a while, nearly maintenance free. They'll take CO2 or HPA equally well.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Voted most ball-fondliest

Centerflag Doolie was another. Keeping one in my parts collection, but don't know how good they ever were. The Proline and Thor never had glowing reviews, either.

The only bottomline reg that's worth a damn might be the Empire Relay. With a little machining, it can be run on a non-gas-thru marker. On/off too!

My feedback: MCB / eBay
freedummy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 06:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

PPS female stabilizer reg with bottomline mount is another option.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles

My Pyre #PY008 RF Oak Grendel's Feedback on MCB Pyre Serial Number List
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Female stab is the best option by a big margin

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
chuff chuff

Brass and Wood Fan
Hybrid also made a bottomline regulator.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts