mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 02-01-2019, 03:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Intermidiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440SUPERCOMMANDO View Post
personal recommendation, if you have a big head stay away from the empire stuff unles its the e-flex's, they run small in the face. but that is totally personal preference, i dont like any part of my jaw line hanging out when my mouth is closed. with both of my afore mentioned masks, the front most portion of my chin just peaks ur when im yelling. and i have a fairly normal sized man head i'd say.

fwiw
Really? I have a pretty small face/head and I find helix based masks too big. My dad has a much larger face and loves them. To each their own I guess...
BLINDMAN Pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
pumper, machinist

exactly. i personaly cant stand any portion of my "face" exposed with mouth shut, but i play with guys that have a 3/4-1" "frame" of face hanging outside of their mask all the time! and then there are the people that actually play with their proflex's folded up. not my cup of tea, but our sport is all about preference
440SUPERCOMMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 08:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

I personally didn't like the Grillz I had because I had problems breathing in it. Weird...I know. That said, it was probably the best mask I have ever owned for not fogging. Thinking of trying a Profiler for just that reason.

I have an E-flex now and like it OK. Not my favorite mask ever but it fits my large melon pretty well. I have had minor fogging issues when I don't run my fan. It took me a while to get used to the lens...has an issue of the foam between the thermal and outer lens obstructing your field of view. Takes a bit of getting used to.

If money was no object, I would probably try the Push mask. Since money is an issue, I am looking at the Virtue Ascend mask. Great reviews and seems to be a lot of mask for the money.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 04:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Virtue Vio Ascend is an amazing mask. I bought one last year and liked it so much that (full disclosure) I got the my team a Virtue sponsorship for mask and loader for 2019.

I used a Proflex literally since 1999 or so. The lenses in the past few years went to hell, so I sadly had to put my Flex in storage, despite it being straight fire. I tried a couple of masks (Profiler, eFlex) in the sun-$100 range but had no luck with fit or comfort. The Ascend was the first I put in that didnít bug me immediately in some way. And the lens system is very simple without small plastic parts to lose.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I just had a look at my old Profilers (after sitting in my gear bag for a few years) and I realised that I don't have thermal lenses in them. To be honest I don't think the thermal lenses were available the last time I played and that's why I went with a fan system. Are the VForce thermal lenses good? Maybe I'll just buy one of those to put in my old mask instead of getting a new mask.
eBay
username: bacreman, 100+, 100% positive
Tdotballers.com
https://www.tdotballers.com/forums/in...&#entry1062159
Mcarterbrown.com Feedback
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 11:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

For the brief time I owned profilers, the lenses were very good.
Old 02-02-2019, 02:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Right in the EAR HOLE!!!

+1 for a VForce Grill. Got my first one about 10 years ago. Have 3 of them now. Over the years I've tried on a variety, and keep coming back to the Grill. Never fogs. Great vision. SUPER easy to take off lense, foam, and straps. Also have really good coverage of lower jaw line.

Recently bought a new Empire EVS... they just look so bada**. Tried it on, put it back in the box and sent it back. IMO, really cant beat the Grill.
Mini GS
MiniMag
OC Phantom
Dye DAM
Cotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 05:04 PM   #18 (permalink)
JKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SX View Post
I just had a look at my old Profilers (after sitting in my gear bag for a few years) and I realised that I don't have thermal lenses in them. To be honest I don't think the thermal lenses were available the last time I played and that's why I went with a fan system. Are the VForce thermal lenses good? Maybe I'll just buy one of those to put in my old mask instead of getting a new mask.

The Vforce lens were very good when I had my Grillz. Now they have been sucked into the GI Sportz quagmire, who knows...

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
Old 02-02-2019, 05:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
JKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdawg View Post
Virtue Vio Ascend is an amazing mask. I bought one last year and liked it so much that (full disclosure) I got the my team a Virtue sponsorship for mask and loader for 2019.

I used a Proflex literally since 1999 or so. The lenses in the past few years went to hell, so I sadly had to put my Flex in storage, despite it being straight fire. I tried a couple of masks (Profiler, eFlex) in the sun-$100 range but had no luck with fit or comfort. The Ascend was the first I put in that didnít bug me immediately in some way. And the lens system is very simple without small plastic parts to lose.
Great to hear such good things...seems to be a great mask. Bonus points for supporting a company that GI Sportz is suing for no reason whatsoever.

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

-- George Washington

Feedback
Old 02-03-2019, 05:23 AM   #20 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

I'm a Grillz man myself. Got em back in 2008/09. Haven't needed anything else.

There's lots of buzz about the new "Bunker Kings CMD." Virtue lens system. Apparently it breaths well.
Bang*Bang** is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts