mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 02-12-2019, 05:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Kilt Club
THE most air efficient marker?

Looking to use one with a maxxloader.
Other an an airowgun, what would be the best to use?

Realistically I'm not going to buy a csl or anything too fancy, but am considering a Geo 3.5 or Dye DSR.

To compare, I do have already have an Axe, Ego 11.
Dr. VonDeafingson
I typically carry one extra tube and give them 1 ball from it.

I'm an *** like that.

My Feedback!
vv0mp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Bad Juju

Hmm. I don't have extensive experience in every marker, but I've always heard that the Bob Long G6r is extremely efficient when tuned well, and they can be found for relatively low prices.
ClarkGryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

The EGO 11 is going to be just about as air efficient as anything else.

ANY gun set up and tuned to run on a low pressure output tank is going to get more SHOTS PER TANK but not neccesarily more shots per cubic inch of compressed gas. The difference is that if the gun operates with 400psi input, it will operate until the tank hits 400psi before struggling in any way. Therefore, more shots per tank.

A viking is about as efficient as a paintball gun can get. Use an LP tank and you will get those 400psi or so worth of extra shots.

Your EGO isn't far off, just use that.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Legit

Phantom

As far as I know the current (unofficial) world record for most paint shot by a single player without needing to leave the field is somewhere around 6000. It was done with a tuned g6r and chaining 3 air tanks together. One tank on the marker, 2 on the vest, run a remote to connect into the marker tank.

And then wear like 3 large pod packs

Your ego is the best bet, the other 2 are Spools, I would bet they are less efficient than the ego

How much paint are you trying to shoot and what tank are you using?

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
Phantom

As far as I know the current (unofficial) world record for most paint shot by a single player without needing to leave the field is somewhere around 6000. It was done with a tuned g6r and chaining 3 air tanks together. One tank on the marker, 2 on the vest, run a remote to connect into the marker tank.

And then wear like 3 large pod packs
I got to witness that. It was very strange.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
The EGO 11 is going to be just about as air efficient as anything else.

ANY gun set up and tuned to run on a low pressure output tank is going to get more SHOTS PER TANK but not neccesarily more shots per cubic inch of compressed gas. The difference is that if the gun operates with 400psi input, it will operate until the tank hits 400psi before struggling in any way. Therefore, more shots per tank.

A viking is about as efficient as a paintball gun can get. Use an LP tank and you will get those 400psi or so worth of extra shots.

Your EGO isn't far off, just use that.
That's not exactly correct, yet this misconception just keeps circulating. Once the pressure inside the tank drops below the tank regulator's set point, the tank continues to provide air to the marker's HPR, which continues to regulate that air down to its setpoint, the valve pressure. It really doesn't matter what the tank regulator is set to... Generally speaking, you will start to experience shootdown once the pressure inside the tank approaches the marker's HPR set point, starting at around 200 psi above it. Again, generally speaking and there are some other factors involved. But the tank reg set point really isn't one.

I agree that the Viking is one of best choices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post

Your ego is the best bet, the other 2 are Spools
The Axe is a poppet.

OP, your Ego 11 has the highest efficiency ceiling out of the markers you own. Open up the SFRs and dwell tune it over a chrono. You'll want higher pressures and lower dwell to achieve maximum efficiency. Your Axe isn't far behind it with a little know how and tuning.

As for other markers - G6R, any Cyborg, Viking, VIS, Insight, Onslaught. I'll stop there.

Last edited by imped4now; 02-12-2019 at 09:26 PM.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Bubble bubble...

While not technically "air" powered, the Tippmann C3 would take the cake as the most efficient marker. It can fire about 50,000 (fifty thousand) paintballs off a single fill... of propane... You'd literally wear out the seals before you emptied the tank
If the 'gh' in enough is pronounced 'f', the 'o' in women as a short 'i' sound, the 'ti' in nation as 'sh', and the 'i' in radio is pronounced as an 'ee' sound, then technically: "Ghotii" is pronounced "Fishy"
My Feedback
Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
While not technically "air" powered, the Tippmann C3 would take the cake as the most efficient marker. It can fire about 50,000 (fifty thousand) paintballs off a single fill... of propane... You'd literally wear out the seals before you emptied the tank
It'll break, and the ignition does weird stuff long before that happens.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
One Foot Less

Something often overlooked in these discussions.

Get a barrel kit that you can match paint (size) to. Use high quality paint that is both consistent and round.

Beyond that, that Axe or Ego should be able to be tuned to be very efficient. I would start with barrel match, tune dwell down as far as the marker will reliably shoot. Give up a little velocity, and you should find yourself in good shot numbers with either of them.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

Second on phantom and airow gun

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts