mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 06-07-2019, 09:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Sloppy trigger fix?

Got an angel a4 fly recently and the trigger is actually kinda disappointing. It's my first angel ever and was expecting more out of it. Anyways the trigger has a fair amount of side to side play and was wondering how best to take care of it. I was thinking shims but dont really know where to get some shims that would work for it
Random Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
trophy husband

Shims are pretty easy to find. If you search for nylon trigger shims on eBay, there are some options. Or just go to your local hardware store. They probably have some washers that would work. Mine has some in the metric section of the small parts area.

You can also make your own shims from various materials. I've found that the metal from a soda can is a nice thickness for a shim.
rawbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Power Lurker

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Brass shims are produced for use in knives. I have found those to be a good choice.

MCB Feedback
Old PBN Feedback
hellion360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

make sure the slop isnt in the trigger hole. (where the pin goes through the trigger). if the hole is enlarged or the pin is worn down, shims will only do so much and then the more shims you add, the more resistance the trigger will have to deal with.

i have tried this in an older marker with the same style trigger. i added shims, tried nylon and stainless, and lubed vs dry. once all the play was out, the trigger didnt swing freely.

you might want to look into a new trigger and pin. i know there were some angel guys 3D printing triggers for angels and there were some on ebay as well.
Tarsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarsun View Post
make sure the slop isnt in the trigger hole. (where the pin goes through the trigger). if the hole is enlarged or the pin is worn down, shims will only do so much and then the more shims you add, the more resistance the trigger will have to deal with.
If you have a set of small drills, you could probably drill the hole out and insert a piece of brass tubing. Most frames would hold it together, but red loctite is also good for this sort of thing. This assumes a lot, but it's a possibility.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts