mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 09-07-2019, 11:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Intermidiate

So what I'm getting from this is that it will probably work.
To be more clear, I'm running this on a Sierra One (Project Salvo). If I were able to run a volume chamber, I would.
Also, anyone have any recommendations for bottomline regs? I've been recommended Stabs and the Spyder bottomline reg, but would prefer something smaller than a stab, and with parts availability. Also any suggestions for reg mounting setups that don't mess with the look of the gun too much would be appreciated.
Thanks guys.IMG_20190907_224245.jpgIMG_20190907_224254.jpg
BLINDMAN Pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 04:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yeah, there's plenty of room for decreasing op pressure without mucking with the valve. Like I said though, be ready to tinker and stuff.

As for where to put a reg and possibly volumizer on that marker....you're stuck in a lot of ways. As you can see from the pics in the link I posted earlier, I did a fair amount of dremeling on my 98 to make everything work.

One option would be to put an in line reg at your ASA and run a 1/8 inch nipple on it to connect to your remote line.

I found that the volumizer needs to be right at the valve to be if any use so you would need to use a different hose and figure something else right behind the fake magazine. maybe you could even put the volumizer in the mag? I'm not very familiar with those shells.

Only other thing I could imagine is a female stabilizer either in place of ASA or at the other end of the remote.

Maybe you could dredge up an old school HP maxflo?
apamburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
pumper, machinist

my last 98 ran fine (280 and no failure to lock back each round) on 600. BUT, that wqs with a 14" .689 barrel. my current 98 (chameleon) will not chrony above 260 at 600 input and the FACTORY barrel. gettin a 10" .685 CP next week and will report back.
hope this helps
440SUPERCOMMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
One Foot Less

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440SUPERCOMMANDO View Post
my last 98 ran fine (280 and no failure to lock back each round) on 600. BUT, that wqs with a 14" .689 barrel. my current 98 (chameleon) will not chrony above 260 at 600 input and the FACTORY barrel. gettin a 10" .685 CP next week and will report back.
hope this helps

Low velocity or not, you didn't have any issue rolling that damned thing at me today.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts