mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Insight 6 66.67%
HK Vcom Ripper 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2019, 11:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
which is better?

Bob long Insight or HK Vcom Ripper?
I know they have different engines but which is the better marker all around?
Is the HK worth the high price tag?
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Jello78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 02:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

Better all around marker is hard to define. Once you push into the true high end range, things start to get pretty subjective. It all depends on what you value most. For example, I wouldn't put any Bob Long/Field One gun anywhere near the top of my best gun ranking, because I find their maintenance requirements cumbersome, and I'm a professional gun tech. They're finicky and always need adjustment. When they work, they shoot great. And often times, they look better than most guns out there. But I will stick with my CS1.

Not trying to dissuade you from buying either of the guns you listed, I'm just trying to illustrate the point of how subjective this can be.

Personally, I would prefer an Insight. The lack of an LPR means it's going to be less finicky, and I always prefer a spool valve over a poppit. I would also point out that most of the HK Army Ripper stuff is made from really lousy materials. I don't remember hearing anythign about the VCOMs, but I've heard a lot about the Ripper Luxe. So to answer the high price tag question, most likely not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 11:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
Magmoormaster: its funny you said this, I have a CS1 now and i was thinking about selling it and get either an insight or Ripper, Just wanted something a little bit more air efficient. Maybe I should look into a bigger tank than what im using now which is an old Crossfire 68/45. Would a 90CI ninja be much of a difference from a 77CI ninja? I know its more shots per tank but i got long arms. what do you suggest?
Old 09-26-2019, 12:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

How tall are you? I'm 6'2", big long windmill arms. One of the reasons I like the CS1 so much compared to other Eclipse guns. Anyway, I run a First Strike Hero 77ci with a Ninja reg. The length for me is perfect. We have a 90ci tank at the store I work for, and it is waaaaaaaaay too big to ever use on gun. I would definitely go with the 77ci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 02:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
im 6'1''. my biggest problem is choosing between a 77 or 90. lol I just want to be able to shoot 1500 or more rounds off a full fill. esp for big game events.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Legit

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
I wouldn't put any Bob Long/Field One gun anywhere near the top of my best gun ranking, because I find their maintenance requirements cumbersome, and I'm a professional gun tech. They're finicky and always need adjustment. When they work, they shoot great. And often times, they look better than most guns out there. But I will stick with my CS1.

100% agree with you on this. The shop I used to work for handled all BL legacy repairs for field 1 but we also got in newer stuff from local customers.

Now granted, stuff like the gen 3 timmies were early 2000s but it always blew my mind how Bob never thought about how wires were routed though the markers or the solenoids were not even held in place by anything more that the air lines going into and out of them.

All that aside, I suggest putting together a list of what features each marker has over the other and then decide if the extra features that the vcomm has are worth the $XXX extra

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts