mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2020, 03:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion360 View Post
I sell these BTW and they really are a good product, best single upgrade for the resurrection for sure.
But get your gun working before you start changing it !
The Resurrection will never "be working" without that hammer. As you probably know, the flaw is pretty fatal. I would purchase the ID hammer, install it and THEN get the gun tuned. Then, it will WORK.
imped4now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 04:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Bearded Works
 
superman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charleston, SC

It will work with out swapping to the inception hammer. Iíve done many and Iíve machines hammers for people that didnít want to buy one. It only changes when the gun cocks. Later in the cycle allows the ball to drop.

Stock the ressy will cock and then finish cycling the bolt. If the hammer spring is stronger or ivg screwed in it may require maxing out the lpr or even adding a shin to solve the problem. But it will work.
__________________
My shop page: Bearded Works
Airsmithing and Machining

I buy Automags and Parts: if your looking to let something go, shoot me a pm
Feedback Link
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 05:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Legit
 
Trbo323's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Vancouver, Washington

Yeah my father in law runs a stock ressy and it works just fine
__________________
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/n...ml#post2612544

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^


feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 05:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Patient Zero
 
Tracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Las Vegas NV
Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
i agree that yes, stock it will work, though an ID hammer/machined slot works better

it also depends on the hopper, pure gravity like a revy, you might get an occasional pinched or crushed ball
force fed like a rotor or a spire, you'll never notice
__________________

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
i agree that yes, stock it will work, though an ID hammer/machined slot works better

it also depends on the hopper, pure gravity like a revy, you might get an occasional pinched or crushed ball
force fed like a rotor or a spire, you'll never notice
Exactly this.

I prefer to use a Pinokio Speed with mine, and the ID hammer is cheap. There's no reason not to do it.
imped4now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:22 AM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman View Post
It will work with out swapping to the inception hammer. Iíve done many and Iíve machines hammers for people that didnít want to buy one. It only changes when the gun cocks. Later in the cycle allows the ball to drop.

Stock the ressy will cock and then finish cycling the bolt. If the hammer spring is stronger or ivg screwed in it may require maxing out the lpr or even adding a shin to solve the problem. But it will work.
I machined my stock hammer before getting an ID hammer, as well. So, I'm aware of the mechanics.

If a Ressy with ID hammer is 100%, then a Ressy with flawed stock hammer is <100% and sub-optimal. I'll take the former every time.
imped4now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 05:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball
 
DocsMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011

Empire Resurrection Issues

Y'know, every time I'm surfing past this thread, I can't help but think all you guys in here are going "No, no, the chicken blood has to be fresh!" and "Are you sure you're using black candles?" and "That's not how you draw a pentagram!"

... And then I go write it down as an idea for a comic strip.

I love this place.

Doc.
__________________
Doc's Machine. Fixing, fiddling and transmogrifying markers since 1998.
The Whiteboard. Vaguely paintball-related webcomic absurdity every weekday!
Doc's Online Store! Doc's eBay Store!
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 05:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
Where's Tug Contest Winner
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Landisburg, PA

Brass and Wood Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post
Empire Resurrection Issues

Y'know, every time I'm surfing past this thread, I can't help but think all you guys in here are going "No, no, the chicken blood has to be fresh!" and "Are you sure you're using black candles?" and "That's not how you draw a pentagram!"

... And then I go write it down as an idea for a comic strip.

I love this place.

Doc.
Don't forget to consult the sacred texts and say the words properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgvXtexdgAM
__________________
My Feedback Thread
JonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC