mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 05-18-2020, 02:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
I do cocaine!!!

PPS Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Yeah, the Eggy 4's have a good shell, and came apart quickly for cleaning. Internally it is based around the Vlocity/Vlocity JR, which works great, but isn't quite as gentle on paint as the Eggy 2/3 design. I've also got one Eggy 4.
Old 05-18-2020, 03:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ol' Cheatin' Jonny

Kilt Club
To add to the circlejerk, I also loved Eggys save their shells.

If you can find a good price on a Pinokio Speed they feed similarly to the original Eggy
Old 05-18-2020, 03:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Not Legit

My first electronic hopper was an Egg2 I bought at Walmart. As crappy as the shells were, the only cracks it developed were around the screw holes nearly 10 years after I bought it. Oh, and one small one from when I fumbled it and in an attempt to catch it basically threw it onto a tile floor.

Both Pinokios are basically eggs. The SPEED is a pretty solid budget option these days. Good enough that Dynasty has been using them for the past few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 03:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

The egg is not set up to just turn right past paint, but the pinokio speed is. The egg is a more true force feed design than the speed. I think its better, really.

But the shell did suck and the fully rearward orientation and special lid is not good for everyone.

I got a soft spot for them.

Also they are the only hopper you can get to sit ALL the way down on an autococker with factory bad WGP feedneck threads, with a CCM no pro, but cutting it down.

And the length out the back doesn't matter on a cocker because the cocker is still like 1/4 mile longer than the hopper.

So they are the ultimate autococker hopper.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 03:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Stock class=the only way

XSV ran eggys on their karnies back in the day, I had one and loved it up until it wouldn't feed right and was breaking paint, but could have been my fault to and my younger self could have out it back together wrong

STOCK CLASS-the Jedi way of paintball
psycho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 05:44 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
My first electronic hopper was an Egg2 I bought at Walmart. As crappy as the shells were, the only cracks it developed were around the screw holes nearly 10 years after I bought it.
yeah same here, all my cracked shells began or started from a screw hole.
MrKittyCatMeowFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 01:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
I wear the big hat

Had mine for over 10 years 'til I sold it last year. Took good care of it- the hinge springs were still present & the batt door wasn't even broken. (still taped it to keep it shut though) Worked like a champ. Probably shouldn't have sold it. But I began disliking the blimp shape so I switched almost exclusively to 12V Revvys. I rarely need more than that & I'm constantly looking for lighter pieces of gear.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:58 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaman5266 View Post
Had mine for over 10 years 'til I sold it last year. Took good care of it- the hinge springs were still present & the batt door wasn't even broken. (still taped it to keep it shut though) Worked like a champ. Probably shouldn't have sold it. But I began disliking the blimp shape so I switched almost exclusively to 12V Revvys. I rarely need more than that & I'm constantly looking for lighter pieces of gear.
what i tell people who ask about it, its a fine hopper, just that almost anything else is better. lol. viewloaders own velocity was leagues better than the eggy 1-3. i run them cause i like the way they look and mine all feed fine. most are even uncracked.
MrKittyCatMeowFace is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts