mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 08-11-2008, 03:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
65%More Bullet Per Bullet

Well, mainly a Vertical ASA. They can be had on the 'Bay occassionally, but they're getting rarer.
Tohri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 05:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
BRaSzEaGuL4LYFe

If you're good with a dremel you can give it a 2mm trigger pull with all stock parts. I have mine setup this way, just grind off about 1/2 the step on the rear bolt and flatten out where the sear scrapes along the bottom to make it catch better. I had to shave just a hair off my safety, but it shoots and cycles perfect with the safety on. My brother got lucky with his grinding(did it wrong, but still works), safety off is semi, safety on is 3-5 shot burst until the sear catches
coldy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Does it kill zombie( thread)s?
Old 06-07-2009, 08:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

$1100 for that?
Old 06-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
To the Space Olympics!

My Pro-carbine (Top)

Has:
Noxx Stock (good luck finding one but they are great)
Vert Air (thanks Titus)
Verturi Bolt (not installed yet. I got it on Ebay)
Lapco Bigshot barrel with Noxx box (loudner. also awesome)
Armson Stealth barrel (supper quiet. I also have an extra for sale in black)
Spring kit.
Hybrid olive grips

Needs:
RVA tapped into rear plug
Trigger work.
a better internal polish
Palmers Sidline to mount to the side of the Vert ASA (would need to be a reverse sideline)

It is my only semi. I love the loudener. you can do what ever you like to them and they keep on truck'en. Have fun with it.

Feedback
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
aaronlecain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:36 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldy13 View Post
If you're good with a dremel you can give it a 2mm trigger pull with all stock parts. I have mine setup this way, just grind off about 1/2 the step on the rear bolt and flatten out where the sear scrapes along the bottom to make it catch better. I had to shave just a hair off my safety, but it shoots and cycles perfect with the safety on. My brother got lucky with his grinding(did it wrong, but still works), safety off is semi, safety on is 3-5 shot burst until the sear catches
do u think you could post a picture of this for me?
evader512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
BRaSzEaGuL4LYFe

Yeah, but I don't have a stock hammer to compare it to. The step the red arrow is pointing to is what you grind down. The smaller the step, the shorter you need to pull the trigger. If you have a pair of calipers, the step on my bolt is .065" tall. To the right of the red arrow is where you want to smooth out/round off, that section pushes the sear back down when the hammer is re-cocking. The easier it hits the sear, the easier it is for the sear to latch and less likely it is to bounce and not latch on the smaller step. The green arrow is the section you grind if you took too much off the step and it won't latch all the time. You'll also need to grind off a bit from the trigger where it hits the sear. Next I pulled out the safety and ground it down little by little until the trigger pull was just long enough to trip the sear. I have a double finger trigger on mine, the pull is 3mm at the bottom, and 2mm in the middle(bottom of a single trigger). You may need to sharpen the edges of the sear a bit to latch the bolt better, and you can't make the trigger pull quite as soft as you can with a stock hammer, since the sear spring needs to be stiff so it will latch every time.

On my brothers gun to get it to burst fire, he slightly rounded the back edge of the trigger, where the sear hits. With the safety on, the sear hits the rounded edge on the trigger and gets lifted up to trip the sear again. With the safely off it shoots normal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbinehammer.JPG (30.3 KB, 454 views)
Old 04-28-2010, 08:38 PM   #18 (permalink)

i dont think i will do that. does anyone think it is possible to drill holes in the bolt to make it lighter . what would a lighter bolt do for me
evader512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
Corpses Eaten: 0

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by evader512 View Post
i dont think i will do that. does anyone think it is possible to drill holes in the bolt to make it lighter . what would a lighter bolt do for me
A lighter hammer will noticably lighten your trigger pull. But it will also lower your fps, so make sure you've got a good spring, or a spring kit or rva.

It is possible to drill the stock bolt, but make sure you can polish it properly after the fact.

The day I tried to live
I wallowed in the blood and mud with All the other pigs
Singing One more time around
Might do it
One more time around
Might make it

Soundgarden
RIP Mr. Cornell. thank you.

My Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
BRaSzEaGuL4LYFe

My picture answers that question too Notice the 2 big holes in my hammer, one isn't stock. The hammer is very hard, so it'll take a while with a hand drill. Start with a small drill bit and go all the way through, then work you way up to a bigger hole. Use good drill bits and lots of oil or you'll burn up the bits for sure. The reason I did it was the lighter bolt will be easier on my ground down sear latch. I've been using my carbine like that for about 8 years, I never have any problems with it not latching.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts