mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 04-30-2009, 07:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Well then try slightly cupping the face of the hammer like some aftermarket hammers have (Azodin's stock hammers have it, as do Alamo City PB's hammers.) Just be careful to not damage the O-ring groove, and you want to leave the pin protruding from the front of the hammer alone.

See how low pressure you can get the thing to run. Also hog out the front face of the valve (where the cup seal sits.) Just make sure the hole stays centered. If you really want to overachieve, bring down the diameter of the cup seal stem between the very rear of the threads and the very front of the slotted area to increase air flow.

If the thing uses a front block, hog out the air passages in there as much as you can, don't mess with the LPC at all, that's bored out as much as it can be. (Be careful on the part that goes into the body, if you open the screw hole in there, you will need to use loctite or teflon tape on the front block mounting screw.)

Theoretically it's possible to get the thing running efficiently at pressures almost as low as Fusions and Egos run at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I'm no hippie, but I do lack any sense of style.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
...Not sure what that was

Make an "Electro-Pump"!!! Attach a pump handle, and hook it up to a micro switch...so when you pump, it hits the switch, and fires the marker. Then, make the trigger solid, so it doesnt move...just keep it for appearance. Than pump like crazy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieo View Post
I don't need it in my hands....the picture is right there. Cool thing about pictures: they give you an accurate representation of what something will look like. They've been doing it since 1822, or so I'm told.
Feedback
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

i was looking through my bin'o'parts and came up with a frankengun, spimmy'd out with an ego frame, mod the stock bolt to work, mill the top slot as far as a timmy needs to be cut. maybe slot the side of the body so i can install a sled and make it a semi pump. and if i can find a cheap pneumatic valve, make it completely mech running off the timmy lpr.
ohh this is going to be so ugly, but completely amazing in a wtf sort of way. it's getting a SP progressive barrel (i know i know, i don't like SP either) and maybe a pvc stock class feed
Old 05-02-2009, 04:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

MSV-2 valve. Do it.
aheg1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

I just posted a little something I made from a Spyder....I thought that might be of interest to you since your looking to mod the hell out of a Spyder too.

Do whatever the hell you think will make you happy and anyone who sees it start to twitch. The spump idea shouldn't be too hard, there are lots of ways to accomplish it. Spimmy would be cool but I think a pump/lever action spyder would rock, I was thinking about doing one after I wrap this thing up.
Finished before you can commit a crime
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts