mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 02-13-2007, 03:41 PM   #21 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonio View Post
Was that the March 2006 APG?
naw it was the 2007 one, it was at the local supermarket Wegmans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be4life182 View Post
ill gats pwn nubs n give mE pwners?
d4rksabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Rec Poster

The APG picture and caption may have been referring to the new Redux Desert Ducks, just now coming off the production line after an unexpected wait after the gun was unveiled 1 1/2 years ago. The Redux is a the product of old schooler Steve Brett who also played against the Kamikazi Shooters "back in the day." The Redux is Steve's tribute to the late Dave Loo. However, Steve has incorporated his own design improvements including the use of Freak inserts and a smoother working "slam changer." I was privledged to shoot the gun at Hollywood Sports during my last sabatical to SoCal 1 1/2 years ago. The Redux shoots like a dream. It's well balanced, accurate, and because of the use of some Phantom internals, got a decent 30 shots @ 275 fps before dropping velocity on the last 8 shots out of the 12 gram. The Stock Class model goes for around $600 (introductory price to those on the wait list). The "Slam Change" model will be substantially more because, well, it's a "Slam Change." Steve has also resurrected the CP "Boxgun" design. Steve is basically a one man operation and does gun work on the side as he's a whip for a Cali supermarket chain. Google "Redux Desert Duck" to get to his website for images and more info.

Here's an image I took of the guns I personally field tested at HSP.

Aloha,

808star
Hawaii All-Star Paintball Games
808star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808star View Post
The APG picture and caption may have been referring to the new Redux Desert Ducks, just now coming off the production line after an unexpected wait after the gun was unveiled 1 1/2 years ago. The Redux is a the product of old schooler Steve Brett who also played against the Kamikazi Shooters "back in the day." The Redux is Steve's tribute to the late Dave Loo. However, Steve has incorporated his own design improvements including the use of Freak inserts and a smoother working "slam changer." I was privledged to shoot the gun at Hollywood Sports during my last sabatical to SoCal 1 1/2 years ago. The Redux shoots like a dream. It's well balanced, accurate, and because of the use of some Phantom internals, got a decent 30 shots @ 275 fps before dropping velocity on the last 8 shots out of the 12 gram. The Stock Class model goes for around $600 (introductory price to those on the wait list). The "Slam Change" model will be substantially more because, well, it's a "Slam Change." Steve has also resurrected the CP "Boxgun" design. Steve is basically a one man operation and does gun work on the side as he's a whip for a Cali supermarket chain. Google "Redux Desert Duck" to get to his website for images and more info.

Here's an image I took of the guns I personally field tested at HSP.
https://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...star/Redux.jpg

Aloha,

808star
Hawaii All-Star Paintball Games
Hot Damn! If you'll excuse me, I need to go take another shower.

After that, I'll figure out how to get $600. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be4life182 View Post
ill gats pwn nubs n give mE pwners?
d4rksabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:01 PM   #24 (permalink)
Broken down old pballer

I had a feeling it was about the REDUX.

www.desertduckdd68.com is the web address
Demonio is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts