mcarterbrown.com  

ATS AT-85 AT-10 AT-6 AT-4

Old 02-24-2015, 07:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Location: Plano, TX by way of Pasadena, CA by way of Memphis, TN
Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

Apologies to everybody on this project, especially LordKyle. When Kyle hit me up about this a few weeks ago, I sent a message by carrier pigeon to Gumby. He has given his blessing. I meant to relay it to the community, but life/work and all have gotten in the way, and I forgot to post that up and share it with Kyle. Anyway...fire up those 3D printers and make the Maker movement and Open Source movement proud!
zenmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:14 PM   #22 (permalink)
THUNDERPUSSY

Location: The land of overpriced cigarettes and expensive Beer

I still think a special rATS edition body would be stellar. some sort of little logo or tell tale that really makes it stand out. or even just "LOUD AND PROUD" on the side of the gun. I have a few friends with massive 3d printers I shall talk to them perhaps I can try and be a canadian parts source.

Why I am a Champion (Feedback)

Paintball Guns > Tuition
Allerstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
Rec Poster

That's what open source is all about! After we have a working ATS from rATS, then I want to move towards improving the system, such as moving the feed chamber in front to allow more common magazines, having the bolt sleeve already designed for first strike, stronger mags, better mounting options. The imagination is the limit

At the moment I'm experiencing some hiccups. I received a new hexagon hot end, but I'm not satisfied with just one extruder, so I'm trying to figure out a way to use my old extruder as a secondary for support material. Progress has been ...slow... I really hope to have a rear housing assembly printed this weekend though.
Hephaestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:41 PM   #24 (permalink)
Resident ATS Enthusiast

I spent today in an 'exciting' conference about new federal grant budget management procedures. My notes are full of doodles involving first strikes and chain feeds...

My feedback thread
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:11 PM   #25 (permalink)

My father-in-law has a mill that I'm free to use for those parts that absolutely require solid aluminum.
MrWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:02 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
This is an interesting thread. My question is what is a good 3D printer to get? My place of work is looking into one so I am needing some info for 3D printers. Also interested in one for Home use?
shadowp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:41 PM   #27 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I have a Lulzbot Taz 5, which is probably the best printer for the price, but the market is truly saturated at this point, so I can't give you a concrete answer. As far as consumer level printers, the ultimaker 2 is probably the best to date, but there is a premium price attached to it, almost a grand more than my taz with similar features (primarily dual extrusion). It's faster and can print finer layers, but the more I print the more I find myself wanting thicker layers. So for making usable parts that don't require so much detail, I'm very happy with the taz. If you're new to computer controlled equipment, I would recommend looking at the Lulzbot Mini, it has a lot of features that take the headaches out of the initial 3d printing learning curve. You can also use it to print yourself a full sized Taz, as they host all their hardware files open sourced and promote you building your own.

Just an update for those following: I spent all weekend configuring a dual hexagon extruder, which didn't go quite as smoothly as I had hoped. Between that, work and school, I also have some items that I'm printing for other people's projects. I don't intend to abandon this at any point, but it is strictly at a hobby pace at the moment.

Last edited by Hephaestus; 03-04-2015 at 10:47 PM.
Hephaestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:02 PM   #28 (permalink)
Circa Vents Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerstern View Post
The mags should 100% allow easy reload via 10rnd tubes.
I totally concur! My AT-10 has a broken hopper half and if only I could get another half like that, it would be an awesome pistol with 10 rnd reloads. Waaay cheaper "mag" reloads, lighter, and compact loadout that would make the TIPX guys wet with envy. Carrying those crazy long zeta mags? Bffft, forget that.
Nammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:56 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowp68 View Post
This is an interesting thread. My question is what is a good 3D printer to get? My place of work is looking into one so I am needing some info for 3D printers. Also interested in one for Home use?
There are 3d printers showing up in public libariys now at least in canada at this one place you should check if you got one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nammo View Post
I totally concur! My AT-10 has a broken hopper half and if only I could get another half like that, it would be an awesome pistol with 10 rnd reloads. Waaay cheaper "mag" reloads, lighter, and compact loadout that would make the TIPX guys wet with envy. Carrying those crazy long zeta mags? Bffft, forget that.
Not that I wouldn't know anything about a marker that has a larger than normal vertical profile *eyes shift back and forward*

Music Videos - Check out my channel
NEW: Write it Down
Walk Away
ragu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:02 AM   #30 (permalink)

For later of course but take ahead on the thoughts is always good.

List of "upgrade" i would see on a N-ATS ( new ATS )

- Cocker barrel thread ( it's the more commun thread and will allow us a tones of barrel to mount on our beauty )

- Aluminium or magnesium body( dfender quality )
A strong body to accept rough use !

- Bullpup ?
Why not be more compact but it's a challenging upgrade because that would mean reroots the trigger control forward the feeding and don't have the option of bottle in the stock.

- Low asa port ?
IF not bullpup maybe we could lower the asa port to allow a better use with paintball mask.

- New kind of chain
The actual one is weak on the spot where the pin who pull up the paint is attached that can lead to fold or break them, make tronger/larger one could be a solution maybe.

That's some thoughts, my knowledge in engeenering don't allow me to make them in practice but they don't seem's to be irrealistic.

Anyway i will follow this thread with deep interest.

If you need help with a photoshop concept don't hesitate to ask.
semoakivla is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ATS