mcarterbrown.com  

ATS AT-85 AT-10 AT-6 AT-4

Old 08-24-2016, 08:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Barrel breaks?

I noticed for a couple games that the marker is shooting paint swerving off etc, the first one it was just bad paint but now I noticed my barrel interior is covered in paint after a while of playing, last time I think it was valken fate paint if it matters. Would it be the bolt seal or bolt sleeve being loose that would cause it?

Music Videos - Check out my channel
NEW: Write it Down
Walk Away
ragu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Resident ATS Enthusiast

Probably not. The fact that everything is timed mechanically typically eliminates the chop factor. Bad/missing bolt seal tends to give low velocity issues.

Does the paint fit nicely in the unisizer?

My feedback thread
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 02:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Location: Plano, TX by way of Pasadena, CA by way of Memphis, TN
Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

Ragu, is your bolt seal still connected? You do not see the venturi fins exposed on the bolt, do you?
zenmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

I think no for the paint, rental paint has been rolling out of it sometimes years ago. Haven't really had those issues for a while rollouts but haven't been checking the paint either if it had fit nicely, not sure if it could be a worn unisizer. All I've been doing is washing it in warm water/dish soap liquid and gently moving it with my finger to get all of the soap out or feel for debris.

I'm not sure what the venturi fin is the inner one inside of the outer one? I was planning just to rip off the old seals and reaheasive new ones on but was checking first. Could it be bent mag lugs that cause those breaks in the barrel somehow? I'm just taking a gander right now.

I've even checked my loudner to see if it felt too small just with the fingers against the inside of the barrel it feels oversized so I don't think its that. I stopped wrapping my ports with hockey tape too thinking it might be that also.

Walk Away

Last edited by ragu; 08-29-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

The ball could be getting damaged further down the cycle and only when it is blasted with HPA in the barrel it ruptures. It could be as simple as a worn guide plate.
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
Sun Tzu c. 544
Raptor 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Location: Plano, TX by way of Pasadena, CA by way of Memphis, TN
Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

If a bent magazine lug you would get ball jams in the magazine and it would stop cycling. A ball could get stuck in the breech, but it would not cycle. Let me ask it a little better, do you still have a bolt seal? If not then the bolt is exposed, instead of a bolt seal cushioning the ball as the bolt engages, the bolt would slam into the ball and cut it. You would also have a drop in velocity.
zenmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Resident ATS Enthusiast

Indeed, I'd check the velocity and see where you're shooting at. Also, do you know where the break is happening? Is there paint on the bolt or in the mag? Does it start half way down the barrel?

My feedback thread
Old 10-04-2016, 01:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

I haven't gotten around to it yet but the entire barrel is coated when I unscrew it to clean it. I guess the bolt seal always felt a little wiggly before when I took ats apart... I will check the bolt seals, sleve seal and guide plate when I get some time, Thanks.
The balls always fit loosly in the barrel sizer but I thought that was because paint was getting smaller.

Walk Away
Old 10-04-2016, 07:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Resident ATS Enthusiast

If the sleeve pad is missing, it can lead to trouble. Check that too. Those pads were a serious source of grief while troubleshooting the Drum42 mag.

My feedback thread
Old 10-05-2016, 09:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

Well it wasn't missing the previous times I took it apart but when I push it with my finger there is a lot more movement than I thought there would be, it stays on but maybe I should just pull it off and attach a new one.

Walk Away

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ATS