mcarterbrown.com  

ATS AT-85 AT-10 AT-6 AT-4

Old 02-06-2017, 04:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Resident ATS Enthusiast

Take the guide plate off and see if it cycles correctly without a magazine installed.

My feedback thread
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
New In Box Broken

At first it was requiring a reset between every single shot, so I degassed it, aired it up again, and then it got better. Was actually able to fire some full auto bursts.

Could I*be having*with just the sear catching?

Edit to add: The velocity was*adjusted*full throttle, I backed*it out to minimum the screwed it in 6 turns as recommended in the manual.

Last edited by RuleOfSines; 02-06-2017 at 06:38 PM.
RuleOfSines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Location: Plano, TX by way of Pasadena, CA by way of Memphis, TN
Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

How are you adjusting the velocity? This is a nelson based bolt and regulator system , meaning that you should be adjusting the velocity down the barrel and twisting the bolt, not the regulator control in the back.
zenmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
New In Box Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmic View Post
How are you adjusting the velocity? This is a nelson based bolt and regulator system , meaning that you should be adjusting the velocity down the barrel and twisting the bolt, not the regulator control in the back.
With the bolt,*when I first opened it up it was*cranked to full velocity. I haven't messed with the regulator at*all yet. There is a mark on the reg that lines up with a mark on the body.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

Leave it on the mark, and leave that one alone. Does the bolt head still have it rubber cover or not, if not, then the velocity will be low. The barrel needs to be in tight, but not using a strap wrench and two burly guys tight. For the magazine cog, there should be some grease (I suggest lithium grease). Can we see a picture if your guide plate? If your magazine indexed properly?
Old 02-06-2017, 07:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
New In Box Broken

I'm missing the bolt rubber on this one, my other one still has*it so I'll swap if I end up using this*marker.*Barrel seems nice and snug.

The magazine busted after the first test, the little guide in the lower right snapped off and the chain wrapped around everywhere. I have it apart at the moment,*should be able to recover it.

I'll grab a shot of*this guide plate after dinner.

Edit: Asterisks driving me crazy...
Old 02-06-2017, 08:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
New In Box Broken

Guide plate from the marker in question:
Old 02-06-2017, 11:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Resident ATS Enthusiast

That's a good plate. Leave it off, don't load a magazine, and see if it cycles correctly (it should). If it's only stalling with the mag in, I'd look to see if the magazine is dragging anywhere (maybe a sticky link). If it's still stalling without the magazine, it's probably the bolt dragging on something.

My feedback thread
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
New In Box Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkyleofearth View Post
That's a good plate. Leave it off, don't load a magazine, and see if it cycles correctly (it should). If it's only stalling with the mag in, I'd look to see if the magazine is dragging anywhere (maybe a sticky link). If it's still stalling without the magazine, it's probably the bolt dragging on something.
I wasn't very clear, post 12 was with the mag and guide removed, better, but still sporadic.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Is the bolt sleeve dry as a bone? Also what kind of lube are you using? Other than the cog and the guide plate, everything else should be using a VERY fine synthetic (silicon based) non-petroleum based oil with NO detergents. The gun came with a little bottle of oil that I have heard referred to by machinist as mouse milk (because the oil is SO thin). When you first apply air to the gun, you put in a few drops (4) into the ASA to lube. Grease can make the parts drag.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ATS