mcarterbrown.com  

ATS AT-85 AT-10 AT-6 AT-4

Old 01-21-2017, 09:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
New In Box Broken

My ATS Adventures - Smaller photos!

It was only a matter of time before I ended up over here

I've been bothering Lord Kyle who has been a great help getting my in order and breaking stuff, figured it was time to get a thread going.

I apologize in advance for photo slowness, I'm planning on changing how I host photos so I can get the size down and not kill everyone's internet. It will still be a bit heavy as first start this thread though.

Update: I finally wrote the photo resizer I've been meaning to, images are much more reasonable now.

Last edited by RuleOfSines; 02-05-2017 at 09:40 PM.
RuleOfSines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
New In Box Broken

So, ATS #1, pictures from the sale thread. This was listed as a project marker, and as you can see, some "work" was done to the front end. Since this was my first one and I was impulsive, I didn't really know what I was looking at.

Having gotten more familiar with it, I now think someone just wanted to shorten the front end for some reason, perhaps for a more close quarters looking setup?

So after receiving it, and promptly asking Kyle for help, he walked me through checking it out. It was quickly determined that I am missing the Unisizer bit, which was an issue. We also checked out the guide plate, and were happy to find it nice and intact.

If my understanding is correct, I also got an "updated" magazine with the little paddles for guiding the balls into the chain drive.

Last edited by RuleOfSines; 02-05-2017 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
New In Box Broken

So I decided to just scrap whatever was going on with the front-end, and hit up Kyle's Project RATs thread. Printed out a fill panel to block where the Loader would go, and designed a nose-cone based on the AT10, that has room for the loader door actuator prongs on the AT85. The little prongs are in tough shape, but I wasn't ready to just cut them off.

Last edited by RuleOfSines; 02-05-2017 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
New In Box Broken

So to the inner guts, popped open and happy to see nice and clean inside. Still has the little rubber nose on the bolt, and is setup for HPA.

I thought this was a nice little feature, gel-pad to cushion the ball as it enters the chamber. Seems like between that and the chain system, there shouldn't be any reason to break a ball unless the timing on the magazine goes off.

Last edited by RuleOfSines; 02-05-2017 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
New In Box Broken

Player 2 enters the game:

Last edited by RuleOfSines; 02-05-2017 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

That's a good lookin' ATS you got there, have you decided on whether or not you're going to mess with the mangled front end loader from the first? Could serve as a low capacity backup magazine for limited ammo games perhaps?
Morthic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
New In Box Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morthic View Post
That's a good lookin' ATS you got there, have you decided on whether or not you're going to mess with the mangled front end loader from the first? Could serve as a low capacity backup magazine for limited ammo games perhaps?
I'm not 100% sure, though I suspect I won't end up doing anything with it.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
New In Box Broken

Moving forward, the stock on the sniper was cranked on there but good, so I pulled whole rear end to get a better go at it.

Careful application of the strap wrench and we're free:

I did notice that it had been cranked on enough to deform the molded body, but I don't see much to worry about there:

Last edited by RuleOfSines; 02-05-2017 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
New In Box Broken

Alright, so thanks to my OCD I decided the rail needed to be cleaned up:

It is attached nice and secure, but I want*it to sit flatter and try and do it without any glue squeezing out. (Glue is the only way to install this thing, right?)

I am totally out of work space, hence the other stuff lying around.

Also, doing this:

If I was willing, I think I could actually fit a tank there with some cutting. But I think I'll save the space for the mask.

Last edited by RuleOfSines; 02-05-2017 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
New In Box Broken

Oooookay, I got some learning to do here. Finally got a tank and remote line, removed the mag, aired up the marker with a couple drops of oil, hit the reset switch, inserted the mag, gun fired, farted,*ripped the chain guide out of the mag, and died....

So!

When hitting the reset switch, is it normal for it to fart like a blowback? It seems to*be just bouncing the hammer*relentlessly. I was able to get it to fire with a*different magazine, but only about three shots before the trigger would go dead and require a reset. Could I be dealing with airflow issues here? I'm using a Ninja remote line with slide check, seems like it could restrict airflow a bit.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ATS