mcarterbrown.com  

ATS AT-85 AT-10 AT-6 AT-4

Old 02-03-2017, 07:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

AT-85 Player Questions

Hey guys, about a half a year ago I picked up my first ATS, an AT-85 that I've had a blast with ever since. I recently also picked up a TS-1 with the HPA upgrade and a load of extras from a member of these boards and was just wondering about a couple of things.

Forward loaders - I'm pretty sure these will fit in pod packs but with quite a bit of room to spare and was wondering if anyone has used any alternatives? Something like MOLLE grenade pouches perhaps? I'm just looking for something a little bit more snug that I can use at larger scenario games.

Slings? If I'm not mistaken there aren't really any mounting points for these markers for traditional slings and was wondering if there are better alternatives than 'tie a rope and go' out there.

Thanks, ATS MCBers!
Morthic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
New In Box Broken

I just got mine, and*haven't actually used it yet, but I am adding accessories that will*include sling mounts.*I'm planning on getting a real*handguard for the front and sacrificing the forward loader, so I can put stuff there.
RuleOfSines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

I like the forward loader for the capacity in scenario games, especially with actual magazines hard to find or just straight pricy. I'd really just like to be able to carry them without them rattling and be able to let the marker rest on a sling if I need to draw my Tipx.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
New In Box Broken

I have no idea why all these asterisks keep inserting themselves into my posts....

Anyhoo, perhaps*a clamp on*rail for the barrel you could attach a sling point to?
Universal Gun Rifle Barrel Clamp Accessory Tactical Weaver Mount Dual Rail
RuleOfSines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Speaking of rails, what type are the ones near the rear of these actually called so i can try and find a scope of some flavor down the road?
Old 02-06-2017, 06:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Location: Plano, TX by way of Pasadena, CA by way of Memphis, TN
Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

For an AT-85 and the forward loaders, the loaders were originally designed to fit the classical 100 round pod holders. Since the basically all the new vest and pod holders for paintball are designed for the 140 round pods, then you have a lot of rattle and extra space. On non-paintball gear the forward loaders fit standard AR pouches. You can use cut up pool noddles or that same kind material to fill in the space in the pockets to keep the rattle down.

If you have one of the CAR stocks then you can fit one side of the sling in there, and then you would have to use some 550 cord to build a loop for the other end of the sling to the front sight. On the ATS-85 Tactical the sling fits the CAR stock and the AR front sight.

The standard AT-85 upper has a weaver rail fitting, and the AT-85 Tactical flattop originally fitted with an AR carry handle is a picatinny rail.
zenmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 01:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

I use M4 Mag pouches. you gotta put them front of loader on top.

I personally met "The Weltman" at Road Warriors part I in Alpine, CA. I even shook his hand. Awesome.

L I T O's feedback
L I T O is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ATS