mcarterbrown.com  

ATS AT-85 AT-10 AT-6 AT-4

Old 10-04-2017, 05:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Location: Plano, TX by way of Pasadena, CA by way of Memphis, TN
Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

If they were retro-fitted then there the copper mess should be removed. However, I do confirm Kyle's findings they look like TS-1s. Do not mess with the internal regulator if at all possible. Early on, a lot of people screwed things up thinking that the regulator was the velocity adjuster. That is the WRONG kind of oil. If memory serves, the PMI oil is actually too thick. That picture of the sizing ring is one of the three that came with the original TS-1 pack, long before Python/iFit kits. The stock barrels are fine barrels. I used them for YEARS and can still shoot accurately with it. I use my LAPCO, because I love the EXTREMELY loudness of the Dishka barrel tip. I want to say that the Allen Key for the guide plate is .005 Imperial.
zenmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:21 AM   #12 (permalink)

so based off that video I definitely have the CO2 version, with the newer style upper receiver recessed release button. everything wit the bolts looks pretty good besides some minor surface rust. nothing appears to be broken or missing. both are still leaking as described before, so i might have to mess with the regulator (unfortunately) to find and fix the leak.

if that is the wrong type of oil, will milsig oil work? the manual never specifies what exactly "ATS approved oil" is. actually, milsig oil feels thicker than this pmi oil, so i guess that's no good.
Stoss55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
Resident ATS Enthusiast

I'd use the thinnest certified plastics safe oil I could find.

My feedback thread
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
Resident ATS Enthusiast

Go ahead and take the regular apart and check the prongs. Follow the procedure in the manual and you should be fine. The issue was with folks cranking it up to try and get higher velocity—that's a formula for a bad afternoon.

My feedback thread
Old 10-05-2017, 07:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
Resident ATS Enthusiast

This video isn't edited/finished, but should give you some more information to work with.

https://youtu.be/lsBo54iMEME

My feedback thread
Old 10-05-2017, 02:25 PM   #16 (permalink)

https://imgur.com/a/InleD

So i found the source of one leak. Regulator piston has a big bite taken out of it. And i also noticed that i have two different reg pistons, and that they arent interchangable bit their oring are.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Location: Plano, TX by way of Pasadena, CA by way of Memphis, TN
Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

As a rule of thumb you are looking for an oil for pneumatic air tools that is non-detergent and not petroleum based. The oil is very thin. Oh, for the leak out of the ASA, some of tanks have pin that is too long or too short. If it is too long then it will start to leak before you turn the tank all the way. To fix that, you can drop a 2nd o-ring in the ASA. If it is leaking as soon as you screw the tank in all the way, then turn it back a quarter turn. Personally I just use a remote and this takes care of leaking out the ASA. It also makes the gun lighter :-)
zenmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:41 AM   #18 (permalink)
Resident ATS Enthusiast

At'll do it. With the rings swapped, is it holding air?

My feedback thread
Old 10-08-2017, 04:19 AM   #19 (permalink)

it holds air with the orings swapped, but i've been too busy the past couple day to do much more with the guns. hopefully this next week i'll have more time to fiddle with it and see it i can't find some orings that will work. i'd love to get both of these beauties running

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ATS