mcarterbrown.com  

ATS AT-85 AT-10 AT-6 AT-4

Old 04-01-2019, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Mag jam

Hello all,

I have been trying to get my TS-1 back to full duty since I got it.
I have gotten a lot of help and good advice from here, and hopefully I can get some more

Last weekend I got a good chunk of time messing with it ... and here is what I found: the ball jam in the mag!
I have all the little finger lined up perfectly (according to the manual), but every 20 to 100 shot, one ball jam just before it exit the mag and the cog get stuck half way. I have to force the mag out for the gun to rearm and go back to normal.

I took a picture of one where the ball stayed jammed, I’ll post it when I have time.

Does anyone know how to prevent this?

Thanks
X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdave06 View Post
I think for most here, I'd use the term "collect" loosely. It's more like hoarding.
Get Your Splatmaster Figure 8 Replacement
My Feedback
XEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Location: Plano, TX by way of Pasadena, CA by way of Memphis, TN
Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

Are you using Tournament Grade paint, or the speedball stuff that is for sure underbored? I bought a case of some kind of paint, I do not even remember the brand, it was supposed to be top of the line; all that and a bag of chips. All the ballers around swore by it. The damn things would jam in my mag. Sometime I would not even get a full run of 25 through the mag before it would jam a ball between the fin/paddles at the bottom and one of the pins in the chain. I found out that all those folks ranting and raving about these damn things were tournament/speedballers and they all love to underbore their sodding paint. That gave me the clue as these balls were closer to .67 than .680; that little difference caused the jams. I did not even go through a bag of the stuff. I just gave the whole batch to the speedballers. They were like piranhas when there is blood and meat in the water.

I went with the cheap stuff that was not "Tournament Grade" and that batch was not in the .67 and smaller category. It was all closer to the .680 and not a single jam, break or goop in the gun. Everything flew threw the gun just fine. From that point on, I make sure to AVOID all "Tournament Grade" underbore stuff and go with the thicker shell woodsball paint.
zenmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Thanks for the tip, I'll check the size of the stuff I have, but it's supposed to be the "magfed friendly", heavy shell stuff (the cheap paint) ...

If it is just a matter of paint size, could a spacer inside the mag help with smaller and smaller paint?
Anyone tried something similar?

Quote:
I think for most here, I'd use the term "collect" loosely. It's more like hoarding.
My Feedback
Old 06-10-2019, 04:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Ok, i got it fixed

I made a shim (3d printed) for the inside of the mag, I'll post pictures and the file with a little explanation when I get time.

Quote:
My Feedback
Old 06-10-2019, 07:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Location: Plano, TX by way of Pasadena, CA by way of Memphis, TN
Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

Xemon, glad to hear it. I would love to see the shim design and where you have it installed.
zenmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I need to post a picture ...
I finally got my ats going well enough to get proper testing and the shim works well, not a single mag jam to report

Quote:
My Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ATS