mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-02-2017, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Stock class=the only way

Plastic frames

Ok i want to put a slide frame on a trilogy im building but cant justify spending $50 on one right now, are the plastic frames any good or should i just hold out and buy a metal one

STOCK CLASS-the Jedi way of paintball
psycho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
From a build quality standard they are strong and solid. Tom Kaye has a picture of a car suspended from a plastic frame.

That being said they are usually all pretty scratched up at this point and they leave much to be desired in the looks department.
theangrydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 02:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

They are not all the same. There are carbon fiber ones and plain cheap plastic ones. I like the cf frames. They are very light.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 02:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

The 45 frames are light and smooth but lack some of the adjustments most Al frames add. I sold my last one for more than $50.

The Sheridan(?) style frames are ok if you can find some rubber VL grips.
Old 09-02-2017, 04:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Stock class=the only way

Who's the one to ask about parts, i know theres someone who has a horde of parts

STOCK CLASS-the Jedi way of paintball
psycho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Previous Paranoid User

My '02 with a composite slider shoots like a dream.

Just sayin'...

FEEDBACK - https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
EBAY FEEDBACK - https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...yer&rmvSB=true
DirtyLoincloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

They tend to be a lot sloppier than metal frames. They lack the vertical slop set screws that metal frames have. The earlier ones had a lot of side to side slop as well, but the newer ones got better at that. That bit is, of course, highly dependent on the trigger plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theangrydragon View Post
From a build quality standard they are strong and solid. Tom Kaye has a picture of a car suspended from a plastic frame.

That being said they are usually all pretty scratched up at this point and they leave much to be desired in the looks department.

AGD's frames and WGP's frames are totally different... the Automag CF frames are tough, WGP's break if you look at them wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
They are not all the same. There are carbon fiber ones and plain cheap plastic ones. I like the cf frames. They are very light.
I have never seen a CF WGP frame... I would love to see a picture to see what the differences are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD.Pump View Post
The 45 frames are light and smooth but lack some of the adjustments most Al frames add. I sold my last one for more than $50.

The Sheridan(?) style frames are ok if you can find some rubber VL grips.
You sold a CF .45 frame for $50? Geez, I didn't know Cocker parts had gotten that pricey.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

If you go plastic, go with the 2 version that came out around 2002, they look like a standard 45° and are beefier.
pummel u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

Composite frames are worthless in my opinion, unless on a pump.

Trigger frames and their components are the most important portion of an autococker. It is your connection to the gun, which is particularly important on a gun which can short-stroke. It's also probably the best value when it comes to performance. 3ways, LPRs, rams, hammers, valves and all that other stuff only increase performance in small increments, while the right frame can completely change the feel of a gun.

Save your money and buy a quality aluminum slide frame, preferably one that has a trigger stop already drilled/tapped. A trigger stop is probably the most important feature that places some slide frames over others. KAPP, Dye, older ANS, some Bob Long humpbacks, Niche, Inception, most pre-98, a few other slide frames will have some kind of trigger stop from the factory. With prices as high as they have gotten, I wouldn't even bother with an aluminum slide frame that doesn't have one. You can have a machinist add a trigger stop for around $20 too. Well worth it if you already bought a Benchmark or similar. The only exception to this is a complete ANS Quikfire frame. ANS stopped putting trigger stops in their frames when they changed the dimensions of their plate to basically act as a trigger stop (It's just not adjustable like the others).

I only use two trigger plates in my guns. AKA plates for a smooth pull and chromed KAPP for little less smooth but short/snappy pull. Both are super wide and always seem to be machined perfectly. ANS Quickfire plates are also great. I don't have much experience with the aluminum KAPP plates.

Roller sears are important. Belsales Equalizer is the best, hands down. But the WGP roller sear is also a good option. Both will last years before wearing out (don't get the WGP from PB Gateway, they are mislabeled).

Brass tipped "glide" screws that have been sanded and polished work best for the vertical slack adjustment screws.

Quality springs are also important. Unfortunately, the only company still making trigger spring sets with multiple options is Palmers. There used to be a lot more options. If you ever find a set of KAPP trigger springs, grab them for sure.

Getting the right parts make all the difference. Seriously, a huge difference.

edit: I swear I remember reading that at some point AGD made the composite Sheridan frames for WGP. Or maybe it was the other way around? I swear I owned a composite slide frame that had "AGD" on the inside. Or was it an AGD frame that had "WGP" on the inside?

Last edited by minimag03; 09-06-2017 at 12:13 AM.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Autocockers