mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-28-2017, 10:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bow Chicka Honk Honk

Custom FBM Build

And here we are. All assembled, need grips and soon to send off to Moody to be timed to perfection. Cycles, no 3-way leak, but does have a leak I'm looking into.

Last edited by Jahnman; 12-09-2017 at 05:43 PM.
Jahnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Do Inception Designs internals fit in a Cocker slide frame? I didn't think they did.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Money Pits 'R Us

I'd try to pick up a 90* chrome VASA somewhere. Odd angles just aren't comfortable on my mechs as they used to be.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

Build looks good so far.

Do you prefer the Regulator to be angled back like that?
Dpbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Bow Chicka Honk Honk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Do Inception Designs internals fit in a Cocker slide frame? I didn't think they did.
I was under the impression that his trigger plates do fit many old style frames. I asked him about it with that Powerlyte frame I have, and it wouldn't fit that one. But I would have thought that he'd make it known that his internals were only for Resurrection and Inception frames. I'll shoot an email his way to confirm or deny.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Bow Chicka Honk Honk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbyrne233 View Post
I'd try to pick up a 90* chrome VASA somewhere. Odd angles just aren't comfortable on my mechs as they used to be.
Its a thought. I probably will pick one up just to toy around with it. I mean, it feels alright right now, but I'll probably get one to compare. I like the look of it here, if for no other reason than its just different. I figure I'll give it a shot, never know if it'll work if you don't try.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahnman View Post
I was under the impression that his trigger plates do fit many old style frames. I asked him about it with that Powerlyte frame I have, and it wouldn't fit that one. But I would have thought that he'd make it known that his internals were only for Resurrection and Inception frames. I'll shoot an email his way to confirm or deny.
Found the same question on a PBN thread.

Simon's reply:

Quote:
Our frames do not use old WGP internals (other than the safety and some springs). It's a new and vastly improved system where the trigger plate runs on shoulder bolts (image a train on railway tracks) to get rid of the slop and excess play and to create the best slide trigger pull possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intern1
Yea, I think the only other internals that will work are stock resurrection internals.
Correct if it's a slide frame. They take Inception or Empire Resurrection internals.

If it's a pivot/swing frame for pump guns only they use Inception or Empire Sniper internals.
I'm pretty sure they will not.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Bow Chicka Honk Honk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Found the same question on a PBN thread.

Simon's reply:

I'm pretty sure they will not.
Curious, i was aware of that part, but im talking the other way around. Their internals in an old frame. His website is kinda iffy, but it does seem to state that his internals fit some old frames. Edit: got a response. No on the internals. Thats very strange, as the description on his site leads me to believe there is at least some backwards compatibility

Last edited by Jahnman; 09-29-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

I always found them a very underrated body style. I also like the black/chrome look. Good luck with it. Luckily vertical chrome ASAs are not hard to find. Black on the other hand? impossible.

One thing I think would look great on that body would be a spanky Q block in chrome.
MikeyWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Bow Chicka Honk Honk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyWonder View Post
I always found them a very underrated body style. I also like the black/chrome look. Good luck with it. Luckily vertical chrome ASAs are not hard to find. Black on the other hand? impossible.

One thing I think would look great on that body would be a spanky Q block in chrome.
Ha, ironically its the other way around. I ordered a gloss black NOS VASA this morning. Also, I'm not 100% certain I'm going to keep the black/chrome look.

The back block that got sent with it when I bought the body is chrome, but it looks eerily similar to those TechT back blocks they make out of delrin.

Edit: upon doing a little research, is that the back block youre talking about? Saw someone post about TechT bringing back the Spanky Q block, so would that be the one were talking about?

Last edited by Jahnman; 11-24-2017 at 10:01 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Autocockers