mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-07-2017, 10:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Tickler lpr rebuild

I picked up a really clean e orracle recently. Been sitting for quite some time. Tickler lpr leaked. Pulled it all apart and o rings were mush. Replaced the o rings. But there is a o ring on the piston that I am unsure of the size.. the oring I had to dig out was completely destroyed so I do not know the exact size. It seems like the oring fits into a groove but I am not sure. I can post pictures if that will help. But anyone who has taken this lpr apart should know what I am talking about.
Zdlobik21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ok so I finally found a picture of a bunch of exploded views of lprs. The bullet lpr, karnivor and tickler all have this brass/steel piston like part. It's pretty tiny. And has a little o ring on it. Knowing the exact size of that oring is what i need to know.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Is it the one in the center? The silver part?

It's been a while since I pulled mine apart, and I'm not eager to do so again right now, but I think it's an 009 or 010. As long as it fits the groove of the piston and lets it slide into the body ok, you should be fine with whatever you find that fits.

If it's the reg seat - no idea. I think you'll need to find someone selling a replacement assembly, I don't think it's serviceable.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
trophy husband

If you have a small hardware store nearby (like Ace or TrueValue or something like that), take the LPR there and check out their small parts section. They often have drawers of various sized o-rings. It shouldn't be too hard to fish through the drawers until you find the right sizes that you need. If you're not 100% sure, you can even buy a few different sizes since they sell o-rings for so cheap.

You can also try Lowes or Home Depot, but they're selection is pretty limited. I've had much better luck with smaller neighborhood hardware stores.

If that's not an option for you, you can always buy a rebuild kit online. You might want to email the seller first, though, and double-check that the kit will fit a Tickler.
rawbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 12:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

Ok it's the reg seat I think. It's the little brass and steel piece. I have the piston taken care of. I said piston in the first and I was incorrect. I will check out the rebuild kit link butta sent over.

I do have tons of o rings. I will dig through but I wasn't sure if this was a specialty deal. I couldn't tell when I pulled mine apart because it was half gone and some was still stuck in the groove.

Thanks for the help guys. Finally got back into cockers here after many years off.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

So if a guy buys a big ole pack of o rings that is a 450 pc cocker set. I should be good right? It's just hard to tell if the o rings are the exact one to be used.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

I cannot find a single thing about rebuilding a lpr online here.. nothing being said about the seat. And how the oring fits in there. To me it doesn't seem like there is o ring that goes on the seat.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zdlobik21 View Post
I cannot find a single thing about rebuilding a lpr online here.. nothing being said about the seat. And how the oring fits in there. To me it doesn't seem like there is o ring that goes on the seat.
Autocockerparts has a listing for a rebuild kit for the adjustable WGP LPRs - it looks like there are three orings and one might fit on the seat, but you'd have to either ask them to confirm or order a kit and see for yourself.

https://www.autocockerparts.com/WGP-...gs-p/orlpr.htm

For $3 it might be worth the risk.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:15 AM   #9 (permalink)

I will get in touch with them and ask today. However I did pick up a palmers rock and a Shocktech lpr over the weekend. One of them will go on the orracle and the other on my prostock.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

talked to autocockerparts.com today I forget his name now. He said the tickler seat is not serviceable. The little brass piece is actually crimped around the oring. but for future reference he will be making a replacement seat in the near future.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Autocockers