mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-29-2017, 09:03 PM   #41 (permalink)

Alright next thing to buy is the trigger frame. What do you all honestly think about inception designs slider. I hear some people love it and some people don't because it's to snappy of a pull like a magnetic break or something bvut I really like the 86* frame but I don't know what I like in a trigger pull for a slider being I have never shot a slider. If I got an ID frame and decided I did not like the way the trigger felt can I just swap out the trigger plate for another brand?
Random Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:34 PM   #42 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

Inception frames won't take other plates, which is part of the problem for me. You're shoehorned into one specific type of feel, which is not true of almost any other cocker frame. Personally I hate the feel. The one thing I will give them is that they are extremely forgiving when it comes to timing. You can time them as tight or as wide you could imagine and it will still cycle properly.

If you're interested in an 86* frame, I'd recommend the Niche 86* slider, which are available from autocockerparts.com. They are T-rail milled, which limits the types of ASA's you can mount (POPs and Inception EZ only) but far more versatile with how you can set them up. I use one on my trilogy and love it. I did replace the sear for a roller sear, and replaced both set screws with some brass tipped screws. It's one of the best feeling triggers I've tried. It's super light, but still responsive and crisp. The sear release it pretty much nonexistent, which is what I prefer. And after replacing the metal panel grips with Hogue palm swells, it's super comfy.

The nice thing about sliders right now is that if you decide you don't like it, you can sell it for a similar price as you bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:58 PM   #43 (permalink)

The only reason I haven't really said anything about niche is that I read some where that the contact areas of the trigger plate were polished aluminum but only polished after the hard annodizing which basically negates the purpose of the annodizing and that this led to a gritty trigger. Also I personally feel like the finger grooves would be uncomfortable but I'm not sure, a lot of people have said it's comfortable. But yeah if the trigger plate issues have been fixed (if it ever actually existed and I wasn't just reading some crazy guys thoughts) I might end up going that route
Old 12-31-2017, 04:53 AM   #44 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

I tend not to like finger grooves either, but in this case they are very comfy. At least for me. I can't say I've heard of the polishing issue. I don't have that problem with mine. I know my frame is one of the later/revised versions, so it's possible that was an issue with previous versions and has been fixed. But I couldn't say for sure.

Quote:
Quote:
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
Old 12-31-2017, 02:21 PM   #45 (permalink)

Hmm sounds like we have a winner then.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:59 PM   #46 (permalink)

Ok now,onto internals, do they really matter. Like I have heard some say the valve matters if you want to run lp and some say it's really just the spring combo that matters. Like should I get a lower internals kit with a rat valve or just who internals
Old 01-08-2018, 06:47 PM   #47 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

It's a combination of both springs and the valve. To get the lowest operating pressure possible, you need a good valve, like a Tornado or RAT. That said, you'll get a majority of that from the springs. The valve will just take it a little bit further.

I'd probably go with a Tornado valve over a RAT. They'll let you go lower.

Now whether you should get an upgraded valve or just stick with the WGP internals is dependent on what you want out of the gun. A standard valve with blue springs should get you within the 300-350 PSI range on a 2k+. Are you really going to see much of a performance increase by dropping down to 200-250? Probably not much. It'll be a lot more work.

Quote:
Quote:
Virtus Et Peritia
Old 01-08-2018, 06:55 PM   #48 (permalink)

So i guess that's what I'm trying to figure out is will it be worth it to try and get a lp valve setup or just stick it out with stock internals. I mean I'm going to be running a rotor or spire 3 as the loader so i doubt ill out run the hopper so i don't think gentleness on paint will be a real priority but I also don't see efficiency being a huge necessity either as all the fields I go to have all day air.

Also one other question for the pump arm and 3 way actuator lengths, what do i need for a 2k5 superstock body
Old 01-08-2018, 10:04 PM   #49 (permalink)
MCB Member

Both rods are standard full length with that body.

Other normal length is mini, which will be short for your application. Half block length pump arms are obviously short too unless you half or midblock the body.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:27 AM   #50 (permalink)

Ok that's what I thought but wasn't sure if the p-block altered it a bit

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Autocockers