mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-15-2018, 02:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
Any good ones you would recommend? I've been wanting to try some out for a while
I've been using Loctite brand 565 (low strength) and 592 (medium strength) for years with good results.
William the Third is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 08:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:

Then you are doing something wrong, in the 10 or so years I have been using it I have not found tape anywhere I did not intend it to be
Perhaps. Then again, I'm not an airsmith so I'm probably doing everything wrong.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 12:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Any good ones you would recommend? I've been wanting to try some out for a while

Then you are doing something wrong, in the 10 or so years I have been using it I have not found tape anywhere I did not intend it to be

Ummm teflon tape bits have been the plague of tons of markers. The smallest piece can get into a solenoid and cause headaches. And headaches that most people will chase forever before taking the noid apart at a last ditch effort.

I have personally received 3 used guns 1 cocker, and 2 timmies that have had Teflon bits causing problems from previous owners.

There really isn’t need for Teflon tape anywhere on a marker.

Permatex makes a good pneumatic and hydraulic thread sealant.

But you would already know this because you work at a paintball field right.
Zdlobik21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 12:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Teflon tape is for amateurs. Once you start using thread sealant you'll be kicking yourself for not doing it sooner. Not only does it work better, it looks better too.
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 12:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zdlobik21 View Post

Permatex makes a good pneumatic and hydraulic thread sealant.
And takes hours to cure. Go ahead, have a customer come into your shop with a leak, fix it with a liquid sealer and tell them they can't air their marker up for 24 hours. I guarantee about half of them will come back saying the leak was not fixed and you know it's because their aired up the marker early. But, you can't accuse all of them of that because then you risk losing customers. Not to mention even if they did wait you don't want to hold every customers marker for at least 24 hours because of simple leaks. Some of them drive a ways to come see you

The 3rd marker I owned, dm6, I was a idiot and took out the set screws that channel noid air through the marker. They never need to come out. I sent it into a shop to fix who used liquid sealer, 2 weeks later and about 3 tries it came back to me still leaking. I took half an hour at home and Teflon, I still own that marker, it still has the same tape in it from 9 years ago, still doesn't leak

Again, I've been doing it for about 10 years and when it's done right you don't have problems. Companies say you can't do it because it's one of those things that can cause issues when done wrong but also remember companies like ninja use tape on their guage and fill nipples

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:01 PM   #16 (permalink)

I use blue loctite period. 10/15 min it’s good to go. I have no problems with leaks, or parts being stuck.

You asked for a thread sealant. You didn’t ask for a fast setting sealant. I do not think there is a fast setting sealant. Most of them stay pliable for months. Just like plumbing pipe sealant.

I have never seen thread tape on my regs of any tanks. I think they use like a 565 sealant and let it dry. Like most macro fittings come with the sealant already on the threads.
Zdlobik21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

For my own projects or stuff that is going to take a while to build the sealent makes sense.

For customers looking for a quick fix or if you're at the field and something springs a leak tape makes more sense

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Autocockers