mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-04-2018, 05:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

Okay, side question: I have a mini-Orracle set up mech with Inception front block w/ volumizer and AKA full lower tube kit including tornado valve, their valve spring, hammer kit w/ their hammer spring.

I can't seem to get it to shoot field velocity. Best I can get it up to is ~260fps with the IVG cranked all the way in and the reg sweet spotted. I followed the directions that AKA provides and moved from 100psi up. It will hit 260fps then drop off again as the pressure rises.

Any idea if this could be because it's a mini body even though I have a volumizer?

"What makes a VM so charming is that you can chop down small trees with it" - Jaan
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 05:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Damn I tried sweet spotting it yesterday. Couldn't get it over 230. I guess volumizer it is for me.
bracer028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 05:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Okay, side question: I have a mini-Orracle set up mech with Inception front block w/ volumizer and AKA full lower tube kit including tornado valve, their valve spring, hammer kit w/ their hammer spring.

I can't seem to get it to shoot field velocity. Best I can get it up to is ~260fps with the IVG cranked all the way in and the reg sweet spotted. I followed the directions that AKA provides and moved from 100psi up. It will hit 260fps then drop off again as the pressure rises.

Any idea if this could be because it's a mini body even though I have a volumizer?
AKA tunes their velocity from the Reg. Don't try to sweet spot it.
bracer028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Quote:

Use a stiffer hammer spring, lighter valve spring, or both.
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

Quote:

What bolt and reg are you running?

Especially what bolt?

Also, to the springing issue, you want a lighter valve spring vs. the hammer spring, and for these bodies I'd run the absolute heaviest hammer you can.

There are many reasons why you don't want (or need) to run a heavier main spring. Always go in the direction of lightening the valve spring vice increasing the main spring.

My Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Have you seen That Paintball Channel?
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:36 PM   #16 (permalink)

1st question answer: I'll summarize some of what people have already said, and add in some of my $.02 - The answer is Yes. Lots of people used minicockers well before volumizers were ever invented. Setup will be finicky (not difficult, but finicky) based on serial number/age and any modifications made to the body. Older minis (97 or before, I don't know serial numbers) have notoriously small valve chambers, so the amount of air that is able to flow through the valve is limited, necessitating that air be a higher pressure than it otherwise might be, and with a higher pressure, you can run into early valve closure issues meaning your valve spring will need to be very light. I have a 3 digit (very early) mini body that I actually had to cut an already soft valve spring down for. That aside, if it is a newer body, or especially a 2k+ body you won't have any problem at all.

second question: As someone mentioned, what bolt you are using is incredibly important with those valves, as is everything else, making sure the valve is properly aligned. A great inline regulator is important as well, and you need to increase the pressure in very small increments, as small changes in input pressure will result in significant changes in velocity. Even though you are using the AKA spring setup, you might need a stiffer spring. Also don't neglect your timing for this setup, you might need to time it a little more conservatively (longer gap between sear drop and 3 way activiation)

one other thing: Remember that for minicockers the front block screw is really important. all the air passes through it so fast shooting with a bad regulator or especially electronic autocockers with crappy front block screws and bad regulators could have shoot down issues.

Last edited by MikeyWonder; 10-11-2018 at 08:54 PM.
MikeyWonder is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Autocockers