mcarterbrown.com  

Old 11-27-2018, 11:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
VoodistMonk

I know it's been brought up, but Trilogy's use the STO 3-way, why go through the extra steps to mount the same quality 3-way further outside and in front of everything?

If you aren't specifically looking to upgrade it due to performance, wouldn't leaving it integrated into the marker be the safest, cheapest, and easiest method to approach this?

I know this is MCB and we fix stuff until it's broken here, but I literally don't understand what is being done by adding the same 3-way outside of a marker that already has it built IN.
DavidBoren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

Screw it . I got my 2k2 today and love it (never got into cockers till now) and I'm jumping in head first . fixing up the SF and selling it , sold my 98c LP kit and im gonna sell my rainmaker and sold my phenom to fund the 2k2 build .

Last edited by tippmann_guy; 11-28-2018 at 09:11 PM. Reason: .
tippmann_guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippmann_guy View Post
Ok ordered an STO ram last night ..... But left the app open and put my phone in my pocket while making dinner and woke up this morning and found out I bought this also .... Ssssooooo maybe ill get the body milled down so it weighs less and see what happens from there

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123478722263
you made an *** purchase???? awesome!
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:06 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie View Post
you made an *** purchase???? awesome!

Legit works out great actually ... I have the old early 2000s JT blue tournament pants and jersey so the 2k2 matches
Old 12-03-2018, 01:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
I know it's been brought up, but Trilogy's use the STO 3-way, why go through the extra steps to mount the same quality 3-way further outside and in front of everything?

If you aren't specifically looking to upgrade it due to performance, wouldn't leaving it integrated into the marker be the safest, cheapest, and easiest method to approach this?

I know this is MCB and we fix stuff until it's broken here, but I literally don't understand what is being done by adding the same 3-way outside of a marker that already has it built IN.
I did this on my pneu trigger trilogy. I basically had to because I did not like how / where the recock happened. It was dead center in the throw and made it impossible to get suction timing and it was almost unuseable due to how sensitive to short stroking it was. Once I got the adjustable 3 way out front I set the hammer release and recock very close to the begining of the throw and I can shoot almost 15 bps without having to worry about short stroking.

Last edited by The_Hyren; 12-04-2018 at 10:26 AM.
The_Hyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:55 AM   #16 (permalink)
VoodistMonk

Thank you for the thorough explanation. I hadn't considered the variables of timing, but it makes sense after reading your post.
DavidBoren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
Thank you for the thorough explanation. I hadn't considered the variables of timing, but it makes sense after reading your post.
NP homie. It wasnt something I considered until way after the fact while I was working on timing. I have the techt adjustable rod for a different trilogy and it works awesome but it cant fit on the sf frame ones as the 3way rod is recessed into the frame which prevents it from fitting sadly. So on sf frames you really need this external 3way kit to get any kind of serious fire rate, and Id assume it helps the electro sfs some as well.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:34 PM   #18 (permalink)

Well I ended up taking the frame off the SF trilogy and I'm tossing it onto my prostock and saving my mech frame for tuning . I figured F it after the *** purchase and the exact reason why I wanted a trilogy happened ..... with the cost of the trilogy 100 and the 80 for the prostock .... I'm in for $500 . I dropped 250 into the front block last week .

Last edited by tippmann_guy; 12-05-2018 at 11:36 PM. Reason: .
tippmann_guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:35 PM   #19 (permalink)

I figured it would be better than a zerob or e2 cause I have it on hand and it's way more battery friendly and user friendly.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:25 AM   #20 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippmann_guy View Post
I figured it would be better than a zerob or e2 cause I have it on hand and it's way more battery friendly and user friendly.
I quite like the sf frame. And its the only reason we can have sweet pneucockers!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Autocockers