mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-03-2019, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Cleaned up WGP outkast bolt issue

Hi everyone,

New here and getting back into the sport after about a decade.

Found an old Outkast in friends basement, it has cleaned up pretty good but there was some corrosion on the bolt.

Polished it down with an aluminum polish to get rid of any oxide, but looks like some pitting. Any ideas on how to smooth it out? Would but a new bolt, but it's been a challenge finding one up here in Canada.

Any ideas please let me know.

Bolt

Cleaned up marker

kbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Welcome home

Kilt Club
Hey man, welcome back

If you have a dremel you can sand most of the pitting off easily. Lower grit sandpaper would work too, but be much more time consuming. After that just hit it with some higher grit and polish and you should be good to go. While it's kind of ugly if the pitting isn't dragging along the breach it shouldn't affect performance negatively at all.

ALSO, if you post up in the WTB forum that you're in Canada I'm sure one of your fellow maplefolk will hook it up.

Good luck!
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tinkerer

CCM Fan
I don't think that is going to afffect performance or damage anything. If you want to smooth it more use some 1000 grit then 2000 grit wet sand paper. Lightly sand until smooth then up it to 2000 and polish after. You won't need much pressure or time to do those little spots. If you are looking for a replacement, find an inception designs dealer in Canada and order one up. They are making new parts and have a bolt that would work for that.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks!

Was just worried that sanding only a portion/side of the bolt might affect shot to shot consistency. I'll break out the dremel and smooth it out a bit until I find a delrin bolt.
kbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Welcome home

Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbob View Post
Thanks!

Was just worried that sanding only a portion/side of the bolt might affect shot to shot consistency. I'll break out the dremel and smooth it out a bit until I find a delrin bolt.
It shouldn't, the bolt mainly rides on the o-rings so as long as those are in good shape you should be fine.
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

You dont need a dremel. Some fine sand paper is enough. Make it feel smooth in the bore of the gun and your job is done.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 02:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Remove the o-rings, then- in a shoe-shine fashion, polish with 240 till the scratch is gone, then 400, 600 grit wet and dry paper. Then polish to a bright finish. I like a "Lead Wipe-Away" cloth for fine polishing.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Autocockers