mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-15-2019, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
pumper, machinist

maybe a dumb question, inception pump kit

is the genesis kit compatible with a mini body? specifically a mini FLE?

i am new to the finer points of cockers, and just can not wrap my head around where the trigger frame, VASA, pump kit block/banjo/pump guide will fit, or f they do at all.

pics i google show this used with an under body mounted VASA, but is this on a full body? is there room for this on a mini body or would i be forced to use the Drift kit?

thanx for the enlightenment
440SUPERCOMMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

No, that wouldn't work. You need a pump kit for minicockers. This Drift would work https://www.inceptiondesigns.com/DRI...m?1=1&CartID=0
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
pumper, machinist

could the genesis kit be utilized on a mini body by going with say a female stabby and drilling and tapping the side of the body for my air fitting? (with a shorter pump rod of course)
may require slightly milling the trigger frame to utilize the anti-rotation tab on the inception block?
Old 06-18-2019, 11:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

If you need a mini pump kit let me know. I've got one laying around off of a converted 'cocker.
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
pumper, machinist

greatly appreciate the offer, but i have a very specific vision for this build. and that vision utilizes a genesis kit. but seriously thanx for the offer!
Old 06-20-2019, 06:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Patient Zero

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440SUPERCOMMANDO View Post
could the genesis kit be utilized on a mini body by going with say a female stabby and drilling and tapping the side of the body for my air fitting? (with a shorter pump rod of course)
may require slightly milling the trigger frame to utilize the anti-rotation tab on the inception block?
short answer is yes

a minicocker removes ASA and runs it through the frontblock, the genesis pump has no air input so that means that you need to get air to the valve somehow.

you have 3 options really, and all of them involve drilling and tapping a 1/8th NPT hole in front of the valve, behind the pump kit

1. works with the hole on either the bottom or the side and attaching either a sideline stab, or one of the long ones with the 1/8ths output on top (that's in the case of the hole being on the bottom)
2. you can do a bottomline mount of a female stab and attach the line to the hole in the bottom or side (either works in this case)
and
3. you run off pure tank output.. a ninja tank with a reg set to roughly 3-400 psi should be enough to let the gun run on its own and just using the IVG to control velocity

there was someone that had done this recently to an old superbolt, ill see if i can find it

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
pumper, machinist

plan was for a female stabb, but i hadnt even thought abut running off the tank.

i like this.........
Old 06-21-2019, 01:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Patient Zero

CCM Fan
oh and its possible you might have to mill out some of the trigger guard for the tab. or you might not, thats something youll have to find out once you get all the parts together..

and no, milling a little chunk out in that area wouldnt be an issue

Trackers feedback
Old 06-21-2019, 04:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
pumper, machinist

thanx for all the info. i'm heavily leaning this way. i am a little hesitant, does the IVG have enough adjustment for this? i know that this is what sweet spotting a reg is, but obviously tank regs are coarser in adjustment. messing with the springing would also help deal with this correct? i just dont want to end up in some situation where i have an obscenely heavy hammer spring, and subsequently heavy pump stroke. i am hoping to just drop an inception complete lower tube kit in and call it a damn day. i am not opposed to going female stabb, buti really like this idea of running off the tank!!!
Old 06-24-2019, 10:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
Patient Zero

CCM Fan
i dont see it as being an issue, the ninja taks are adjustable in increments of 100(ish)

my other suggestion would be a blue crossfire (the older, long ones), they were impressively stable back in the day and the blue ones were dead on 450 output

just keep playing with your shims until the velocity is something your good with (only downside is, you'll have to run out the whole tank to be able to change the shims, and taking a tank from full to empty to back to full in rapid order is probably not gonna be the tanks idea of a good time (though you could fill to about 1k.. take about 50 or so test shots and then drain and adjust

yes the IVG *should* be able to handle it, adjusting the springing would definitely help for fine tuning

or you could go the old fashioned way and rock an old maxflow

Trackers feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Autocockers