mcarterbrown.com  

Avratech Home of the Retro 7

Old 08-17-2017, 02:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Proud Member of UCSF

I originally threw money down for a full retro with the supper sexy magslide kit but I would be willing to take a raw functioning retro just so I can finally have something I could hold, hell even a wall hanger would be better than nothing.
Butch3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Fire Avatar by Flounder

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
Dukie speaks words of wisdom.

As a fairly disinterested bystander, and not to anyone in particular:

Josh didn't have to come back (if there was gonna be any kind of legal action it would have happened by now), so give the man credit for that at least and see what he will do.

Let me humbly advise my fellows who are owed product, not to expect anything at all, and thereby not get dissapointed. Which is not a prediction or anything like that, I just don't want to see this devolve into another shouting match. This saga was not our proudest moment as a community, Josh's sins aside

A: Society sucks

Join us next time for another episode of Existential MCB
Feedback

CAX
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
TheMember

Maybe my previous words betrayed me, but that is all I was trying to say... it is unreasonable to expect anything close to what was ordered and I accept that. Whatever I can get that puts me closer to a functional marker is a positive step, and I can live with that and move on.

Honestly, I had moved on already, but this topic reared its ugly head again and I am back to being cautiously curious about the outcome.

feedback
TheYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Few responses for the week:

Good advice on finding a list of outstanding old orders, I haven't found it yet but I know there are backups somewhere and just need to dig deeper. Old hard drives etc. Was about two dozen assorted orders as I last remember.

Inventory wise, we're looking at 70 complete units, which gives me plenty to work with in terms of repayment and some new sales.

Dundadun: I have your complete marker with accessories match anodized, already collected together and ready to go. Get in touch via apoc101@gmail.com for shipping details (bill is on me, and I'll throw in some extra stuff)

TheYoda: still have that little sight for yours, found it not long ago. Get in touch as well and let's get the parts to ya (unfortunately no anodize yet, like most)

General plan: those who got guns and slide kits should get at least two full marker kits. Others could receive single marker kits, or for smaller accessory orders I'll provide some other stuff from what I've got. I'll pay shipping whenever possible, nobody should be spending a cent if they already paid once.

Also note: I ran out of velocity adjusters, and transfer ports. Will make some on the lathe in spare time soon as I can (crazy busy between work and farm and brewery but I don't think it will take too long). Another thing I ran out of is CCI hammer springs, Mike could sell me some so I'll look into that too. I think everything else is okay qty wise.
This looks like some solid progress Josh. Thanks very much for this update!

I know some people have listed their outstanding orders here https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...ting-josh.html However, I do not know how up to date that is as a few people have bought/sold pre order spots...

I think the rough plan you outline is a realistically achievable good start!

Looking forward to matching the list to the inventory.

As for the small parts, I personally had good luck just using CCI TPC and main springs

Again, thanks for the update. This goes a long way!
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
Josh should be shipping all this out tomorrow!

I'm so excited! He mentioned getting the pump handle specs out so I should figure out who is still making them. I have been away for too long

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
Fire Avatar by Flounder

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
I would just love, for once, to see an airsmith who **** the bed turn it around and make right. Good for him
A: Society sucks

Join us next time for another episode of Existential MCB
Feedback

CAX
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Pump Fiction#86 BaBa YaGa

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Open Coms from Josh

Looks like he's doing good, dundadun when I saw that Facebook post I thought about you and I smiled I'm happy that it worked out for you brother that R7 looks amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CLICK>> Feedback - Wish List - Sale/Trade - Patch Sale
TCPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 01:41 AM   #18 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
I would just love, for once, to see an airsmith who **** the bed turn it around and make right. Good for him
I've actually had a holster maker die mid-project. I couldn't get ahold of the family so I have no idea if the almost completed project is still sitting around or not. Ironically, I think I've now learned enough leather craft to finish what he started. It sucks having so many ordered projects go unfinished and unrefunded as I've had, but at least that particular holster payment went towards his medical bills in the end.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 04:39 AM   #19 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Thursday evening was the first weekly Retro session, have nine shipments in process of going out and will report on them when done... Feels good! I'll make it a weekly thing so it can move along regularly. Found some velocity adjusters and making new hexport ones very soon.

Also, if anyone wants CAD files to print pump handles, I've put the STEP, STL and 3D PDF together. contact by email to get files
Josh also sent two more photos in addition to the one Dun posted (sweet piece that!)

Name:  Retro 1.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  21.1 KB

Name:  retro 2.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  20.9 KB

This is great progress Josh! Very encouraging. I think that knocking a few off a week is a great way to do this. Looking forward to the next update and I also look forward to hearing from the folks who get these markers.
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 05:28 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundadun View Post
I've actually had a holster maker die mid-project. I couldn't get ahold of the family so I have no idea if the almost completed project is still sitting around or not. Ironically, I think I've now learned enough leather craft to finish what he started. It sucks having so many ordered projects go unfinished and unrefunded as I've had, but at least that particular holster payment went towards his medical bills in the end.
A friend does custom leather work, makes beer caddies and so forth. I could inquire with him how much for a run of holster to fit the R7s (given that I have one to use as a pattern).

https://www.wilboro.com/
DeeEight is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Avratech