mcarterbrown.com  

Avratech Home of the Retro 7

Old 08-14-2017, 05:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Open Coms from Josh

Josh started to message me on Facebook, This is a VERY good step in a better direction.

He has asked that I quote him directly to ensure that he has a voice.

13 Aug 17
Quote:
Your incapacity to comprehend what I've told you numerous times is astounding as ever... Do not bother interpreting what I said into another smear post on your favourite paintball forum, try quoting me directly instead. I'm going to provide what I can to people who ordered things from Avratech Industries and didn't get what they ordered, and I'm going to continue to dispense the inventory after that time until said inventory is exhausted, at my own discretion, at my own cost, at my own leisure and timing. I will most definitely be sending folks who bought stuff from Avratech, complete marker kits at no charge, but not all folks. after all it's on my dollar and my time. Avratech is never coming back, but there will be more of these markers for sure.
OK Josh, I will quote you directly if thats what you want. You have reached out to establish communication. This is a very positive step, I wont shut that down.

I am also gladdened by what appears to be renewed motivation and effort to finish completing orders in some way shape or form.

14 Aug 17
Quote:
Thanks man. I'm glad you passed that along directly instead of the other option... If I'm gonna keep being the bad guy at least I get a voice right? You're alright anyway. The goal really is to erase the damage of avratech but I think it's pretty lofty and unrealistic at this pace. If you have any better suggestions send em along. I really have never and never will profit from all this, and it does make me feel bad. Just wanna keep moving along and fix er up best I can yunno?
No problem Josh, I have always wanted communication. The break down of communication was a major factor in the past events leading to where we are today. Lets not let that happen again.

I think your goal to erase the damage of avratech is good, and I am glad you recognize that it will likely never be fully undone. I am certainly more than willing to help, planning and executing said plan is a major part of my training and job.

If you are open to suggestions I would start with:
- Providing a list of who is stilled owed what.
- Providing a list of exactly how much inventory you have left.
- Come up with a single compensation package to start, and then add what is needed for the higher dollar value orders.
- I would suggest NOT doing individual negotiations if it can be avoided. These will drag on and take up lots of time and resources. Instead, develop a fair compensation package based on the available resources you do have. The folks of MCB are pretty reasonable, I would safely bet that many would rather some form of compensation rather than nothing.

Keep in mind that it will be impossible to please everyone... human nature unfortunately. However, if you make efforts to show that you are trying then that will remove a significant amount of venom from a lot of tongues.

Once again Josh I will reiterate, that I think reaching out to me and others is a very good step in the right direction. I think many of us, while wary, are also happy and hopeful that we can ALL work together to put this piece of history behind us.

I will also caution the collective that this thread will be heavily monitored by myself and the rest of the MOD team. Be civil, there is no need for further bloodletting, lets try to resolve this in a way most people can live with. I will leave this thread open but I will remove unnecessary remarks but I encourage constructive and thoughtful input.
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Mar
Carter's wife's boyfriend

Brass and Wood Fan
Good for him! Big positive step!. I will be the first to apologize if he gets this straightened out. Sincerely hope he can pull this off, for the people who have purchased one, and for him too.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
TheMember

Very happy there is communication happening. I was very supportive and hopeful while he and I were able to talk it through, but things took a downturn once the communication stopped.
Even though I had dreams of a cool, custom creation, the extra expense and time to make that happen is probably unreasonable in the current situation, I get that. A plain ole functional retro would work for me at this point. Not sure how others feel, but I'd be willing to compromise for the sake of progress.

feedback
TheYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoda View Post
Very happy there is communication happening. I was very supportive and hopeful while he and I were able to talk it through, but things took a downturn once the communication stopped.
Even though I had dreams of a cool, custom creation, the extra expense and time to make that happen is probably unreasonable in the current situation, I get that. A plain ole functional retro would work for me at this point. Not sure how others feel, but I'd be willing to compromise for the sake of progress.
I have accessories tied up with r7 cause I wanted a bunch of stuff annoed by tonsixers. I'd definitely be willing to wait for josh to be happy with my gun before sending it out, but I want all the accessories sooner.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

So... he's sending people the stuff they've already paid for? If he feels like it?
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Pump Fiction#86 BaBa YaGa

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Thats good news

CLICK>> Feedback - Wish List - Sale/Trade - Patch Sale
TCPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
PPS Fan
Right on, step in the right direction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
....bro, you just gave me a quarter chub.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Any chance of a member helping count/sort his inventory? I wouldn't mind getting a retro body and frame, but I really don't want to wave money at Josh knowing i could be buying parts someone else already paid for.

And maybe that altruistic member could take over selling extra parts, shipping bodies as kits to the members willing to cut their losses and just take that. We can dream, right?

Last edited by theangrydragon; 08-17-2017 at 10:56 AM.
theangrydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dundadun View Post
I have accessories tied up with r7 cause I wanted a bunch of stuff annoed by tonsixers. I'd definitely be willing to wait for josh to be happy with my gun before sending it out, but I want all the accessories sooner.

To both of you - take what you can get. 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

all he has said is that he has raw parts for retro7's. nothing about custom parts, accessories, anodizing, falcons etc. just raw parts for retro7's. get what you can in your grubby little paws so that you have something. Cause I suspect the other option is nothing.

if you are holding your breath for all the awesomeness that you originally ordered you are looking at passing out, and still not getting it.

Its a fire sale - take it or leave it. don't send any more money. At best send a prepaid shipping label when he has a box ready for you.
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie View Post
To both of you - take what you can get. 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

all he has said is that he has raw parts for retro7's. nothing about custom parts, accessories, anodizing, falcons etc. just raw parts for retro7's. get what you can in your grubby little paws so that you have something. Cause I suspect the other option is nothing.

if you are holding your breath for all the awesomeness that you originally ordered you are looking at passing out, and still not getting it.

Its a fire sale - take it or leave it. don't send any more money. At best send a prepaid shipping label when he has a box ready for you.
Definitely. I'd totally send a prepaid shipping label for my extra parts if I knew Josh had them ready to go.

I havn't checked the updates on Facebook yet, but a couple years ago the status of my stuff was in deep storage on a family's farm. If they have progressed past that stage I'd be willing to help get things moving.

dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Avratech