mcarterbrown.com  

Old 07-03-2017, 10:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Speaking from experience, valve leaks seem to be something of a regularity from Azodin. My Kaos-D had one right out of the gate, would have to refill the tank a couple/few times a day just to shoot a bag of 500. I then did a bucket test and watched the air bubbles come out from the valve. After three trips back to the factory it was 'fixed'...all they did was just tighten the valve tension all the way. (currently having massive reg issues with it through)

The KD2 is, imho, the smoothest mech i've ever shot.
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Good read

I'll have to try a kd2

And a millenium next time it pops up here
Ashton S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
Last of the Salzburg Clan

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhead4411 View Post
Speaking from experience, valve leaks seem to be something of a regularity from Azodin. My Kaos-D had one right out of the gate, would have to refill the tank a couple/few times a day just to shoot a bag of 500. I then did a bucket test and watched the air bubbles come out from the valve. After three trips back to the factory it was 'fixed'...all they did was just tighten the valve tension all the way. (currently having massive reg issues with it through)

The KD2 is, imho, the smoothest mech i've ever shot.
My barrel leak was from a very tiny scratch on the valve sealing surface, probably from machining/de-burring. The original cup seal did not leak when mated up with the new valve Azodin sent me. The only way to get the original valve and cup seal to stop leaking was to increase the regulator pressure about 90% open. Azodin tightening the valve spring on yours all the way has a similar effect. Take a look; maybe you have something similar on your valve.

Concerning your reg issues, disassemble the regulator per the manual. Hopefully, you have snap ring pliers, and be sure to fully remove the side set screw to avoid damage the threads. I just went through this with Azodin for my own issues. Measure the regulator spring; it should be 0.875", probably +/- 0.010" or so. If it's compressed more than that, as mine is shown below, it's a problem. Next, take a look at the regulator seat. If it has any scoring or indentation (again, as mine does shown below), it's an issue. Mine was allowing full tank pressure (800+ psi) into my marker, causing all sorts of bad things to happen. Spring compression and regulator seat damage come from adjusting your regulator from under pressure, or in my case, turning the regulator up too high in an attempt to get the cup seal to stop leaking. Always degas and shoot the marker a few times to drain the trapped air before adjusting the regulator.

Out of curiosity, have you shot well-tuned Automags and Autocockers? A properly tuned KD-II is the smoothest blowback I've shot, but it's still a ways off from Mags and Cockers, in my opinion. Again, at less than half the cost new, it's still a good deal, and I'm enjoying the marker.

Last edited by nak81783; 07-15-2017 at 09:51 PM.
nak81783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:18 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashton S View Post
Good read

I'll have to try a kd2

And a millenium next time it pops up here
My first marker was a Spyder SE, which I heavily upgraded. Honestly, the KD-II does what the Spyder SE with all those upgrades did at a fraction of the cost (back then). Actually, the KD-II does it better; it's a smaller package, runs at lower pressure, has a clamping feedback and on/off ASA, and it's much easier to disassemble. I'd skip the Millennium, and just get a KD-II (if finances allow).
Old 07-04-2017, 04:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak81783 View Post
Concerning your reg issues...
The issues i'm having is the o-rings in the reg keep failing. i've had 4 seperate occasions in the last year of the reg just suddenly venting out the little overpressure (?) holes. One time it was every other shot...first shot would start the leak, second would stop it. I've used all the o-rings i have access to as of last week when it started leaking again, after i just replaced the tiny o-ring in the middle of the reg the week before that. I keep meaning to email them, but keep getting distracted and forgetting until i get to the next event and remember why i switched to my mag after the third spawn...
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 07:44 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhead4411 View Post
The issues i'm having is the o-rings in the reg keep failing.
Are you running HPA or CO2?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Azodin