mcarterbrown.com  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-24-2018, 11:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Legit
 
Trbo323's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Vancouver, Washington

Kp3 vs sniper

So, I own a sniper, was wondering how a kp3 compares

Opinions?
__________________
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/n...ml#post2612544

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^


feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 12:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Active Member
 
FatalBigBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Yuba Co.,CA

Unless they have changed something. I didn't like how the bolt doesn't push the ball into the barrel on the original kp. So when it is fired it slams into the ridge of the smaller barrel bore much like a phantom. I had more barrel breaks with the kp than I ever did with a sniper. But at least they got rid of the fart sound over the years. I would say a sniper is better.
__________________
Speed woodsballer
FatalBigBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 06:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Money Pits 'R Us
 
pbyrne233's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Salem, MA

CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalBigBird View Post
Unless they have changed something. I didn't like how the bolt doesn't push the ball into the barrel on the original kp. So when it is fired it slams into the ridge of the smaller barrel bore much like a phantom. I had more barrel breaks with the kp than I ever did with a sniper. But at least they got rid of the fart sound over the years. I would say a sniper is better.
They have changed something. A lot actually. But don't let facts get in your way.

The KP3s are great out of the box shooters. They are reliable and pretty smooth for the price tag. They are going to shoot almost assuredly better than most Snipers you'll run into (which are just pump kit thrown on a cocker that someone didn't know how/could be bothered to service).

Most snipers, even after you've sunk some great parts into it and polishing/cleaning/etc, will not have the perfect fit/finish that a marker that was made to be a pump does. I use cockers almost exclusively as my pumps, and I still find myself reaching for my KPII+ from time to time, because it just works. The KP3, in the few times I've played with one, just expands on and perfects what Azodin has been doing with pumps for years

tl:dr: if you're used to your sniper, keep it. If you feel like it's not a naturally feeling pump or you won't want to sink cash in it, grab the KP3.
__________________
Manchester Half Cock'D
pbyrne233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Active Member
 
FatalBigBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Yuba Co.,CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbyrne233 View Post
They have changed something. A lot actually. But don't let facts get in your way.

The KP3s are great out of the box shooters. They are reliable and pretty smooth for the price tag. They are going to shoot almost assuredly better than most Snipers you'll run into (which are just pump kit thrown on a cocker that someone didn't know how/could be bothered to service).

Most snipers, even after you've sunk some great parts into it and polishing/cleaning/etc, will not have the perfect fit/finish that a marker that was made to be a pump does. I use cockers almost exclusively as my pumps, and I still find myself reaching for my KPII+ from time to time, because it just works. The KP3, in the few times I've played with one, just expands on and perfects what Azodin has been doing with pumps for years

tl:dr: if you're used to your sniper, keep it. If you feel like it's not a naturally feeling pump or you won't want to sink cash in it, grab the KP3.
I know they changed a lot. I was referring to the breach design. If they haven't changed that, the sniper/pump cocker is a superior foundation in my opinion. I didn't say they were bad. You don't need to get defensive. I have the same criticism of phantoms, but I still like phantoms.
__________________
Speed woodsballer
FatalBigBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 11:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Legit
 
Trbo323's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Vancouver, Washington

One of my teammates has a kp1, I'll go look at this on his but as far as I know he has not had a paint breaking issue
__________________
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/n...ml#post2612544

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^


feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 11:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Active Member
 
FatalBigBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Yuba Co.,CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
One of my teammates has a kp1, I'll go look at this on his but as far as I know he has not had a paint breaking issue
Much like a open bolt marker of you don't underbore the issue is minor. My experience it wasn't all the time. There were some wtf moments for me occasionally. And if there was an issue it seemed like all day issue(brittle paint, cold weather) I would grab my pump cocker and no more problems.
__________________
Speed woodsballer
FatalBigBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 11:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
Beaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Rochester, Minnesota

The sniper has a much comfier grip than a KP3. Other than that, there's not a lot of difference - they're both consistent shooters. As pbyrne233, the Sniper has more unnecessary points of adjustment that enable unsavvy tinkerers to really horse it up.
Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 01:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Legit
 
Trbo323's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Vancouver, Washington

Ya but I like tinkering. There may be a lot of things you can adjust but don't need to but that doesn't mean I will leave it alone either.

I'll probably stick with the sniper then
__________________
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/n...ml#post2612544

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^


feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 03:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Welcome home
 
JonnyDread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Rhode Island

Kilt Club
I had a KPII+ for a bit and I didn't like it that much. It shot fine, but I never found it quite comfortable to use. I like my snipers, but I've been working with cockers for years so the tuning aspect for me is just the nature of the beast.
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 08:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
pumper, machinist
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: 1hr east of Atlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
One of my teammates has a kp1, I'll go look at this on his but as far as I know he has not had a paint breaking issue
i havea kp 1 workhorse/loaner, and a kp3 work horse, and have never had a paint issue that wasnt caused by too much underbore, and really fragile paint.

i run mine like i never paid for them, and they take it all! i love them

ok, fanboy over lol
440SUPERCOMMANDO is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Azodin

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC